Change line colour

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
schwarzgrau

Change line colour

Post by schwarzgrau »

I know you can change the line colour afterwards by activatig "preserve transparency", draw a filled rectangle on the first frame, mark all frames of this layer and hit return, to apply it to all frames. After that you eventually need to recompute the heads. It's not THAT complicated and I guess I could build myself a george script to do it, but the only ones profiting from such an script would be me and some people here in the forum, what is nice for us, but the majority of TVpaint users will never use these scripts.
As I think this could be an often demanded feature, I would suggest to add this as a standard function.
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
Zetariver

Re: Change line colour

Post by Zetariver »

I agree. I am using actions with basic scripts to change line color, but my color choices are limited.
My action does Select All Images and execute one of those scripts.

Red

Code: Select all

tv_cmd Heads tv_pixelmatrix 0 0 0 1 0   0 0 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 0   0 0 0 1 0
Green

tv_cmd Heads tv_pixelmatrix 0 0 0 0 0   0 0 0 1 0   0 0 0 0 0   0 0 0 1 0
Blue

tv_cmd Heads tv_pixelmatrix 0 0 0 0 0   0 0 0 0 0   0 0 0 1 0   0 0 0 1 0
It changes layer color to red,blue and green. seems I need to make a script that has precise color matrix to change layer color. For example If I need to change layer color to black I need to make a new action with george script that has black color matrix.
So if tvpaint automatically gets pixelmatrix of Apen color or Bpen color and fill layer color with it, it will give us much more color variations. Photoshop can do that.
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Here is the script you are looking for, made for us by Svengali. :D
Matte Layer - Svengali.tvpx
With a single click replaces the line color of an entire layer with the pen's current "A" color.
(58 KiB) Downloaded 361 times
Last edited by Paul Fierlinger on 22 Dec 2014, 11:44, edited 2 times in total.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Zetariver

Post by Zetariver »

ah I didn't know the script. It looks nice. I will use it. Thank you!
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Oh thank you for the scripts, another great timesaver from Mads. Just as I said, I guess these scripts will only be useful for people watching this forum, but I guess it could be a nice function for all TVPaint users.
INSTAGRAM
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:Here is the script you are looking for, made for us by Mads. :D
MATTE LAYER.tvpx
I didn't do it. If you read the first 3 lines it says

// MatteLayer.grg
// Svengali © 2013
// Dec 28, 2013 ver .2  Matte layer (all or selected frames) - fill all pixels with solid-APen color
Kind Regards Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
Paul Fierlinger

Gosh, I am terribly sorry, Sven :oops: and thanks Mads for straightening this out.
EDIT: Script replaced with proper accreditation.
Paul
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Then thank you Svengali and of course Paul. But the problem remains, that only users of the forum can profit from this feature. I know It would be tough to decide from which script the majority of TVPaint users would profit, but maybe it would be a good idea to ship TVPaint with some of the most useful scripts. Or as an alternative implement some of this features.
INSTAGRAM
Paul Fierlinger

I wonder though; is there a precedence for this in other software programs? How can you expect a development team to synchronize their efforts long term stratigic plans, most often kept as secrets until the moment of public release, with private entities who have no formal representation or mission other than sharing a script that a user made initially for their often temporary workflow? And there are more questions, such as to what measure does the developer become responsible for a script they have nothing to do with? Plugins sometimes become abandoned by their authors and the script becomes obsolete by the release of the software's update ... how should a license holder deal with such a case if the plugin has been in use as an integral part of the software?

In my opinion, if a user likes plugins, which are just shortcuts for the use of existing features within the program, they should know to join a forum to look around and ask. I would like to think both sharing and receiving the benefits of scripts should be the sole responsibility of users.
Paul
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

You're right, it would produce a lot of problems to integrate scripts made by users. I thought it may exist something like a precedence, since some brushes made by users got integrated in the software.
A lot of feature requests gets refused, cause it already exists a script, which handles the task. But as I said, people outside of the forum can't use this features. And you can't expect users to constantly watch a forum, just to find a way to do simple tasks like changing the colors of their lines.
Of course a LOT of the scripts in this forum are made for special workflows, but the other part are functions which would make a lot users very happy.

I just want to say that a feature isn't integrated, cause there is a script for it, cause I guess the forum users are a tiny part of the TVPaint users.
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

It would be nice to have a summary of all the usefull scripts like this on the forum (i was thinking of the ones from mads, sven and others). It's sometimes difficult to find something that suits our needs or maybe just simplify our pipelines

Even in tvpaint, a collaborative online space like a "script cloud" may be interesting to me. Really interesting and gathering people around the soft
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
neonnoodle

Post by neonnoodle »

NathanOtano wrote:It would be nice to have a summary of all the usefull scripts like this on the forum (i was thinking of the ones from mads, sven and others). It's sometimes difficult to find something that suits our needs or maybe just simplify our pipelines

Even in tvpaint, a collaborative online space like a "script cloud" may be interesting to me. Really interesting and gathering people around the soft
Yes, I'd also like an easily-navigable plugin and script site. The Forum frequently won't let me search (or I search too fast if I have to go back and revise search terms), and it's too difficult to keep track of which plugins go with which versions.
Paul Fierlinger

I don't feel this discussion appreciates enough the circumstances under which many, if not all, plugins are created. They are the gestures of kindness between friends; impromptu gifts of mutual respect created in an atmosphere of deference between colleagues which often goes missing on these pages where users see these as public property and entitlements.
Paul
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

I see your point Paul, but then my "problem" still exists: a script get's shared as an answer for a feature request and no one complains, cause everybody able to complain are in this forum and could use this script. But, as mentioned, most of the TVPaint users aren't active in this forum I guess.

I would propose to post a script as an answer to a feature request, but still discuss with the developers, if this could be a feature, which could be helpful for all TVPaint users and should be implemented in the software. To help making TVPaint even better.
INSTAGRAM
Paul Fierlinger

I actually believe that that is the way plugins have been working for a long time in TVpaint and it is the reason why TVP issues the 3d party development kit. Historically this was arranged so that third party developers could make some income from their efforts but in all such cases this never worked because as soon as someone would put a price on a plugin, the vast majority of users lost interest.

I wish I could remember all the examples of plugins that have been implemented in TVP, but I know that I can come up with a few... Swap Eraser is one; Tracker is another, and basically all the items in the Animator Panel were once plugins. There have been changes made to the video controls of the Project panel which were once plugins and many of the improvements in the function of the tools come from plugins. It just takes time.
Paul