Move the pivot point of light table

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
juansolimar

Move the pivot point of light table

Post by juansolimar »

it won't be great to have the option to modify the pivot point of the "temporarily shift the image displayed by the light table out of its pegs"?
Mads Juul

Re: Move the pivot point of light table

Post by Mads Juul »

+1
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

I agrre with that request, but only if the pivot point is thé same on all images. I mean, changing the pivot is Nice, but we couldnt have différent pivot points on several images.
juansolimar

Post by juansolimar »

Elodie, why cant make different pivot points in the light table?
Kramme

Post by Kramme »

juansolimar wrote:it won't be great to have the option to modify the pivot point of the "temporarily shift the image displayed by the light table out of its pegs"?
+1
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

in the past i have argued for a pivot point that is in the middle of the view.
So i don't want to modify pivot points, it can be made automatic quite easily i think.
like this:
When you are zoomed in the pivot will be in the middle of the screen and thus automatically also be in the middle of the part where you are working.
and when you are zoomed out the pivot will be in the middle of the project.

when rotating the lightable image the position of the pivot is of no interest at all
it is all about being able to position the lightable image in the right angle.
and when the pivot is somewhere far away beyond the border of the screen, because you are zoomed in, you cannot rotate properly!
having a view centered pivot would fix that. and, not un-important, also avoid having to control movable pivot points.

its obvious i'd think, no?
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Peter Wassink wrote:in the past i have argued for a pivot point that is in the middle of the view.
So i don't want to modify pivot points, it can be made automatic quite easily i think.
like this:
When you are zoomed in the pivot will be in the middle of the screen and thus automatically also be in the middle of the part where you are working.
and when you are zoomed out the pivot will be in the middle of the project.

when rotating the lightable image the position of the pivot is of no interest at all
it is all about being able to position the lightable image in the right angle.
and when the pivot is somewhere far away beyond the border of the screen, because you are zoomed in, you cannot rotate properly!
having a view centered pivot would fix that. and, not un-important, also avoid having to control movable pivot points.

its obvious i'd think, no?
I like it. And it sounds obvious!

What about the Pivot point always appears in the middle of the view. and then you should just make sure the point where you want to pivot you drawing is in the middle of the screen or it should be possible to drag it

But I also think it should be possible to scale the image no matter the zoom. So maybe a new interface for the editing of the scale and rotation and translation of the lighttable. would be good?
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
Robobob

Post by Robobob »

How about the idea that the out of peg would function more like the transform tool. So you always have a rectangle fitting exactly your drawing and not the entire screen?
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Not possible : what if you animate a fly that becomes a giant dinosaur ? Too complex to develop unfortunately.
Robobob

Post by Robobob »

I understand perfectly Elodie. Some thing would probably take a lot of time to pull of programming wise. Not really a programmer myself so I wouldn't know. It's already very cool to have the opportunity to propose features and try to make the software even better according to the demands of professional users. I understand it's not possible to change the size of the parameters for the out of peg for each frame/instance makes sense. If it could be set once at the beginning so it's not covering the whole frame but just a specified portion which afterwards stays the same the whole time this would be an improvement also. Maybe this isn't possible neither no problem but the point is not that it has to change each instance. Just an option so it could be tweaked more precisely to allow more precision.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Elodie wrote:Not possible : what if you animate a fly that becomes a giant dinosaur ? Too complex to develop unfortunately.
actually its the same thing as with the animation Disk.

you'd have to make sure the Transform UI always stays in the middle of the screen.

Please look at the animdisk, this also rotates around the point of the project that happens to be center screen.
and the UI is always the same size relative to the screen, even if you are extremely zoomed in, you still get to see the whole animation disk.

thats it.
We want the same for the lightable :mrgreen:
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Robobob

Post by Robobob »

+1
juansolimar

Post by juansolimar »

Peter Wassink, I was about to say the same!!
if its too complicated to script to modify the pivot point freely, at least like the animation disk would be a huge help! :D
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Peter, i was answering Juan about the possibility to reduce automatically the out of pegs hud following the drawing (just like transform tool does).

Concerning your proposal, i cant say, im not a devloper myself :p

Anyway, it looks like an Interesting idea. Ill talk about this when more People will be at tvpaint office (holidays + business trips).
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

interesting discussion :)
Fabrice Debarge