Color Swatch Resize - (but now I want MORE) Topic is solved

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
D.T. Nethery

Color Swatch Resize - (but now I want MORE)

Post by D.T. Nethery »

http://www.tvpaint.com/v2/content/artic ... new105.php" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I appreciate the new feature to be able to resize the color palette swatches 2x or 4x the default size . Thank you , thank you, thank you !

Is it bad form for me to ask for more ? (ducking for cover)

Because it is possible to resize the swatches 4x , why not the option in resize the swatches 6x and 8x ? If I only have a few colors in a palette , say , 5 to 9 colors in a custom palette for painting a character, it would be nice to have the swatches larger than 4x .

Selecting 4X increase:

Gets this result:

But for fewer colors as in this palette I would like the option to increase to 6x or 8x , so the swatches are larger:

Elodie

Re: Color Swatch Resize - (but now I want MORE)

Post by Elodie »

Do you have any problem with your glasses, David ? :mrgreen:

(sorry, I'm just kidding :oops: )
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Elodie wrote:Do you have any problem with your glasses, David ? :mrgreen:

(sorry, I'm just kidding :oops: )
I know you are only kidding.

BUT ... the answer is YES ! Nearly 30 years of doing this (animation) has made my eyesight worse , for sure. :shock:
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

D.T. Nethery wrote:I know you are only kidding.
Humor can be very different following the countries, the habits, the culture and the languages : I always prefer to write it obviously, just in case ^_^

Personally, I thought x4 was quite enough, but let's read what other people think about this.
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

i wouldn't mind, would not use it probably (not yet anyway :wink: )
but having such a list of options almost asks for a size slider !
David you know that you can make custom panels like you want them, by putting an image in the color mixer?

Although the process is not super easy (yet)
What I would like to see is to make this process easier by being able to paste the custombrush into the mixer.
or the clipboard.
why have this whole route of saving an image, setting the exportpanel takes time! and then importing it back into the colormixer.
i want copy paste there!
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Peter Wassink wrote: David you can make custom panels like you want them, by putting an image in the color mixer.

but the process is not super easy (yet)

Yes , that is what I often do. (import a custom palette with larger swatches in the Mixer ).

But I thought , if it is now possible to enlarge the Palette swatches 4x , why not 6x or 8x ? So I'm asking ...

Peter Wassink wrote:What I would like to see is to make this process easier by being able to paste the custombrush into the mixer.
or the clipboard. Why have this whole route of saving an image, setting the export panel takes time! and then importing it back into the color mixer.
i want copy paste there!

Yes, that would be a good option to have .

Elodie

Post by Elodie »

Peter Wassink wrote: What I would like to see is to make this process easier by being able to paste the custombrush into the mixer.
or the clipboard.
why have this whole route of saving an image, setting the exportpanel takes time! and then importing it back into the colormixer.
i want copy paste there!
Don't hesitate to create new topic about that, to follow the discussion and avoid to lose information :D
D.T. Nethery wrote: why not 6x or 8x ? So I'm asking ...
Well, doesn't look like a hard feature to add :)
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Peter Wassink wrote: 08 Oct 2013, 14:32 What I would like to see is to make this process easier by being able to paste the custombrush into the mixer.
or the clipboard.
i want copy paste there!
Hi Peter, please let me remind you to create a separate improvement request for this ;)
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

TVPaint_Colors.webm
(302.95 KiB) Downloaded 518 times
done ;)
tribute27

Post by tribute27 »

Xavier wrote: 25 Nov 2021, 16:02 TVPaint_Colors.webm
done ;)
:D awesome!
Windows 10 64-bit | AMD Ryzen 9 5950x | TVPaint Animation 11 Pro WIBU (11.7.1-64 bits) | Wacom Cintiq Pro 27