Trial version available!!!

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
bruceXL

Post by bruceXL »

The first download had the file name, I went ahead and dumped all of that and re-downloaded but still no luck. When I get a few free minutes I'll try and see if it's some Mac issues on this end and post again.

fabrice_

Post by fabrice_ »

I can't speak for them (I only wrote the user-manual) but I'm sure the TVPaint Team is already working on this problem.
thanks for being patient.

Fabrice Debarge / Beta-Team member / Author of the user-manual.
piano

Post by piano »

thx for the quick response !
i got play play around a bit more and i think i got it now.it's much more simple than i thought.
is there a way to , say, select all of the frames from a source column to drag it onto an x sheet layer. it would save some tedious back and forth.

about the shutting down after a few minutes, are you going to upload a new trial or have i installed it wrong ?
fabrice_

Post by fabrice_ »

piano wrote: about the shutting down after a few minutes, are you going to upload a new trial or have i installed it wrong ?
Sorry, I can't answer instead of the TVPaint team regarding this. As I said above, I only write tutorials and manuals.
They will probably upload a new trial tomorrow. (it is 20H00 in France)

Regarding the XSheet questions, I will open a new topic soon. :D

fabrice_

Post by fabrice_ »

Patrice

Post by Patrice »

Hi Piano,

We have fixed this problem this morning and we have uploaded the new trial during lunch time. So if you have downloaded it before 1 o'clock pm, you have not the new one.
If you have this new version I'll download and try it.
Ex TVPaint Team
piano

Post by piano »

i redownloaded it just to be sure ( couldn t remember if i took it before or after lunch) and the problem remains.
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

Hi Piano,

I have uploaded a new PC version for the trial. There was a little problem with the last PC version. That's why this problem appears. Now It is fixed on PC.
Ex TVPaint Team
piano

Post by piano »

thanks ! i'll try it.
you guys are so quick
piano

Post by piano »

hi again.
the problem of expired license seems to have disappeared now.
but now i get a problem with the copy/paste buttons in the x-sheet panels. it seems multiple frames copy or paste doesn't work properly ( or not at all) and when i copy a single frame from the source to the x-sheet layer , say "A:1" , i get "A:1" .
single frame drag and drop seems to work though.
the insert/delete tweens buttons doesn t seem to work either.
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

This problem is a Windows specific one. It is fixed in the last version we uploaded at 6 o'clock pm.
Ex TVPaint Team
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Often when I click on the x-sheet tab the program crashes. I tried repairing it with another install, but it is still crashing.
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

Hi Matthew,

Can you tell me what you do to have this result? What is the order of the operations you do before clicking on the XSheet tab?
Ex TVPaint Team
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

It's hard to pinpoint exactly what's happening because it's not the same each time. But there are a few things that seem to be occurring:

Sometimes clicking on the x-sheet tab causes the program to crash. This will happen after I've been drawing on a frame in the timeline view, and then go to switch to the x-sheet view.

Other times I can use the x-sheet for a little while but then the program crashes after doing just a normal operation like drawing.

And sometimes I can make it through with no problems at all, except when I close down the program it crashes right after I click Save This Configuration. A Microsoft error message comes up asking if I want to send in a report.

The only time when no error occurs is when I open the program and then close it without doing anything.

The only thing that I can think of that might be causing the problem is that I've been playing around with the color scheme of the program a little bit, creating my own colors, and also using the classic scheme. But when I switch back to the default color scheme, the problem still occurs.

It's probably some kind of issue with my own computer since no one else is having this problem. I'm on a PC running Windows XP, by the way.
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

I have tried to do all you said and I have no crashes here (on PC running Windows XP). I will try to play with the XSheet a little more tomorrow. I will normally upload a new demo tomorrow morning, so you will be able to download the new version in the afternoon. Maybe this will fix your problem.

If the problem will occur again after the update, contact me by private message.
Ex TVPaint Team