[Android] TVPaint & Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

This topic is dedicated to Open Beta versions. Post here your comment, bugs notifications and ideas about the Android version !
Eric Scholl

[Android] TVPaint & Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Post by Eric Scholl »

Hi everyone,

we are just testing TVPaint Animation 10 on our new Galaxy Note 10.1, and it seems to be very very powerfull !
We have a real pleasure to use the pressure sensitive stylus, and the tablet's power is really amazing ( 4K animation projects can be directly edited without problem ) :D .
The screen resolution is good, and colors are perfect :) .

Thank you Mr Samsung, your tablet is amazing :).

Approved by TVPaint team :)
Mads Juul

Re: [Android] TVPaint & Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1

Post by Mads Juul »

:D
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

That's great news!
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX
muratcizer

Post by muratcizer »

Great news.I own a galaxy note 10.1 and the performance is super.Best graphic engine on tablet apps.I used all applications on ios and android market.And none is good as this.I hope you make a more tablet friendly interface.And less complicated app.And with this engine you can build another app for illustration.Great work.Sorry for my bad english.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

muratcizer wrote:Great news.I own a galaxy note 10.1 and the performance is super.Best graphic engine on tablet apps.I used all applications on ios and android market.And none is good as this.I hope you make a more tablet friendly interface.And less complicated app.And with this engine you can build another app for illustration.Great work.Sorry for my bad english.
Thanks for your words. :)
The software is used by many famous studios in the world (mostly for 2D animation features film, and video games, ...), so yes it's much more complex than a simple 5$ painting app. Fortunalety, it does much more cool stuff too, check the online gallery. 8)
Fabrice Debarge
muratcizer

Post by muratcizer »

Fabrice wrote:
muratcizer wrote:Great news.I own a galaxy note 10.1 and the performance is super.Best graphic engine on tablet apps.I used all applications on ios and android market.And none is good as this.I hope you make a more tablet friendly interface.And less complicated app.And with this engine you can build another app for illustration.Great work.Sorry for my bad english.
Thanks for your words. :)
The software is used by many famous studios in the world (mostly for 2D animation features film, and video games, ...), so yes it's much more complex than a simple 5$ painting app. Fortunalety, it does much more cool stuff too, check the online gallery. 8)
yes i tried tvpaint on desktop.Great software.i am curious about the android version.Do you think sell it like this full version or as a simple version for mobil devices? I prefer more simple version for tablet;
*timeline(with lighttable)
*brushes
*the skecth panel and animator panel.
*layers

and please make the price more purchasable.

And sorry again for my bad english :)
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Well, we don't know yet how and when to sell it.
At least I think the owner of the full commercial version will have the possibility to use the software on android, as they currently do on Linux, Mac and Windows.
(even if it's more and more complicated, I wish to keep TVPaint Animation OS independant)
Fabrice Debarge
meslin

Post by meslin »

This sounds pretty cool, glad to hear something like a real hardware endorsement. I wouldn't mind if there were more of that coming from the TVP team...
However the cursor lag in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2mfLFX61HI is significantly (and for me, unusably) worse than on my 5 year old tabletPC. Is that because of the project resolution, or perhaps limitations of the S Pen? I haven't seen any apps demonstrating a particularly responsive cursor under the S Pen, and I would be interested in anyone's YouTube links that can prove otherwise.

I hope we get there someday!
David
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

This sounds pretty cool, glad to hear something like a real hardware endorsement. I wouldn't mind if there were more of that coming from the TVP team...
However the cursor lag in this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h2mfLFX61HI" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; is significantly (and for me, unusably) worse than on my 5 year old tabletPC. Is that because of the project resolution, or perhaps limitations of the S Pen? I haven't seen any apps demonstrating a particularly responsive cursor under the S Pen, and I would be interested in anyone's YouTube links that can prove otherwise.

I hope we get there someday!
David
I suspect that the line-smoothing was enabled on that video, so there is a lag between the line and the cursor.

We are going to post a new video soon with the lastest speed optimisations, and some pieces of 2D animations. :)
Fabrice Debarge
MatthewTardiff

Post by MatthewTardiff »

I finally sold my Asus ep121 so as soon as the funds transfer I'm picking up the Galaxy Note 10.1
I can't wait to give tvPaint a whirl on the Android with the S-pen
DiM

Post by DiM »

Hi,
I maked a fast test on Android's TVPaint, you'll can see it here : https://vimeo.com/51003529

I think TVPAINT on Android are a very good tool ! great jobs and thx a lot

DiM
http://www.butterfly-animation.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

DiM wrote:Hi,
I maked a fast test on Android's TVPaint, you'll can see it here : https://vimeo.com/51003529

I think TVPAINT on Android are a very good tool ! great jobs and thx a lot

DiM
http://www.butterfly-animation.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Hi Dimitri,

It has been a while :)
How are you ? What's new on your side ?
Fabrice Debarge
DiM

Post by DiM »

Hi Fabrice,
we working on 3d series, and we will prepare some others 3D series :)
and I bought a galaxy note 10.1 and I tried TVPaint on it, it's better and more fun than my last sony tablette ;)
This Android version will be finished soon ?
and you how are you Fabrice ?
I hope see you soon ;)
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

DiM wrote:Hi Fabrice,
we working on 3d series, and we will prepare some others 3D series :)
and I bought a galaxy note 10.1 and I tried TVPaint on it, it's better and more fun than my last sony tablette ;)
This Android version will be finished soon ?
and you how are you Fabrice ?
I hope see you soon ;)
We might continue the Open Beta in the coming months. It has to be decided soon. :-)
I wish a TVPaint Animation user can have acces to his software on Android, as he does actually on Mac, PC and Linux. (difficult dream ! but, we try)

Finally the Studio A has finally purchased a few licenses to colorise a film. ;)
Long work to convince them...

If you want to see what's new in TVPaint Animation 10 (storyboard tools for example), I'm ready to visit you in your studio.
Fabrice Debarge
DiM

Post by DiM »

waaa ^^
I hope i'll trying again the beta test on Android ;)
and you can coming in our studio to show me the news, and speak about it ;)