Missing in Action

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
ZigOtto

Re: That's awesome...it WORKS!

Post by ZigOtto »

ramblindawg wrote:... When you said, "create a CP button with these 2 actions : 0 = Set FXStack Bin: myScanCleaner" I was stumbling on that for a bit until I realized I had to TYPE a command in the #0 box where it said: "Type Script's Command." I had never done that before. Then I chose the key command as you said into the #1 Box. I'm just spelling this out for other people like me who have no experience with typing command-line instructions. I have added some screenshots of my own to show the additional steps. Enjoy!
no, in your case, you shouldn't have to type anything,
use the "Set FxStack Bin" lower in the actions list (see grab below).
Attachments
scancleaner3.png
ramblindawg

My interface looks different...I'm using TVP Demo

Post by ramblindawg »

Hi, Zig...this is interesting...My interface looks different...

I'm using the TVPA demo while waiting for my software package to arrive. In the demo that option isn't there. In the Pro demo, there are more options than in the basic demo, but even in the Pro demo that option does not show up.

When I receive my TVPA Pro software discs (hopefully they'll clear customs soon) I will fire it up and look for that option. Sorry for the confusion, and thanks so much for helping out.
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

Hi Ramblingdawg,
The interface of TVP Animation is completely customizable. Go in "Edit>Preferences" and you can choose preset interface look or modify each color of the interface.
You can find some preset shared by users in this topic: http://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1313.
Ex TVPaint Team
ramblindawg

the menu choices ZigOtto shows are not available on my menus

Post by ramblindawg »

Patrice wrote: The interface of TVP Animation is completely customizable. Go in "Edit>Preferences" and you can choose preset interface look or modify each color of the interface.
Hi Patrice...actually I was not referring to the colors, but rather that the menu choices ZigOtto shows are not available on the program as I have it (running TVPA basic demo on Windows XP on TabletPC). On my setup, there is no option for "Set FXStack Bin" or "Insert a Command" as seen on Zig's screen capture. Please see my screen capture attached to this post. Am I missing this feature because it's the demo? Thanks...This is not a big deal, and I'm loving the program.
Attachments
tvpaint menu.jpg
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

hi ramblindawg,

I think you need to have added 1 (or more) bin(s) previously
to see this "Set FXStack Bin" line and its attached sub-menu appear in the command list. :wink:
ramblindawg

That works, too! Thanks again!

Post by ramblindawg »

Wow...That's weird...well it WORKS--once again, THANKS!

It's nice to know that I can customize things to such a great degree.

I'm tempted to ask you how to make "insert a command" show up on the menu, but I'm not there yet. Maybe I'll ask you later after I've read that part of the manual. In the meantime, thanks for taking the time to help me out. Right now I have everything set up exactly the way I want.

You all make this forum a great resource. Looking forward to getting to know you TVPainters better :D
ZigOtto

Re: That works, too! Thanks again!

Post by ZigOtto »

ramblindawg wrote:... how to make "insert a command" show up on the menu ...
well, exactly the same way, but here again, you need to have at least 1 action set before,
(or more, of course), then Right-Clic on the command where you want to insert,
the "Insert a Command" line will show up in the menu. :)
Attachments
scancleaner4.png
scancleaner4.png (11.47 KiB) Viewed 15510 times