Random Offset (x,y, rotation) to image?

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
Animark

Random Offset (x,y, rotation) to image?

Post by Animark »

Hello,

I will try to make a george script and would like to have an idea if and how the following is possible.
Is there a command to "move" or set the content of an image/frame to a new (random) x and y position and to a new angle?

I studied the script of the "Animated Paper" Panel discussed here:
http://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=4338
and I will try to modify it to one or more frames in a layer.

In the end my goal is to get the following function, e.g. for a layer with 20 frames:
1. Offset the current frame to a random value (200) for x and y and the angle to a random value (60)
2. Go to the next Frame and repeat step 1.
3. Stop the function after the last frame of that layer

Thanks from Animark
TVPaint 10.5.7 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64 (Wacom Companion 2)
Fabrice

Re: Random Offset (x,y, rotation) to image?

Post by Fabrice »

It won't make it for the angle (only X and Y), but we have added a FX : Motion > Shaker which could help in your situation.
Fabrice Debarge
Animark

Post by Animark »

Hi Fabrice,

thanks for your answer. The shaker is exactly doing (except of the angle) what I want to have, but in George and for TVP 9.5. My idea was to create a One-Click-Function that helps a lot when you want to fill an animation with texture. It's not so bad if it is not possible, because doing the offset-things by hand is even fast enough. :-)
TVPaint 10.5.7 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64 (Wacom Companion 2)
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Animark wrote:Hi Fabrice,

thanks for your answer. The shaker is exactly doing (except of the angle) what I want to have, but in George and for TVP 9.5. My idea was to create a One-Click-Function that helps a lot when you want to fill an animation with texture. It's not so bad if it is not possible, because doing the offset-things by hand is even fast enough. :-)
Ok, I see the purpose now.
It's a question which is also interesting us (probably for the v10.5).
It's not a big deal in terms of development, but it's more complex in terms of integration in the interface, and in terms of user parameters management.
The reason is : there are many many ways to use textures and papers in many different workflows.
Fabrice Debarge