TVPaint SDK/George documentation?

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
Gravin

TVPaint SDK/George documentation?

Post by Gravin »

I might be overlooking something obvious but were would one get documentation on the SDK and or George language? I'm starting to learn more about programming/scripting and I'd like to apply this to building some TVPaint scripts and tools. Particularly, I want to write a script that can determine what type of tool is active (pen, airbrush, custom brush, etc) and then call the appropriate interactive brush re-sizing function.
ematecki
Site Admin

Re: TVPaint SDK/George documentation?

Post by ematecki »

http://wiki.tvpaint.fr/index.php?title=George" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
Gravin

Post by Gravin »

Very nice, thank you!

This has solved most of the problem for me so far, I now know how to setup a test after determining what kind of tool is selected.

I've browsed through some of the other post in this section of the forum and I see a few commands here and there that I'm not seeing on the wiki or in the manual. Is it not possible to access all of the tools and functions available through shortcut key assignments? For the script I'm writing I'm trying to find a way to call the "Tools Brush: Change Size" and "Brush: Resize" functions but I'm not seeing a way to do this with the commands listed.

Is there a way have a script print all of the commands actually available straight from the running program or some kind of console that prints out commands as there executed through the interface (like Maya)?
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Gravin wrote: I've browsed through some of the other post in this section of the forum and I see a few commands here and there that I'm not seeing on the wiki ?
Hi Gravin if you find a George command which is not in the wiki please PM me and I will put it in the wiki.
-Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

Yep, I forgot to say that Mads filled in almost 100% of the George related content of the wiki.

Thanks for that !
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
Gravin

Post by Gravin »

I think I was trying to make a simple problem difficult. It was much easier to create an action button with both keyboard commands stacked together. Both keyboard commands will only work if the appropriate tool is active so having them both activate with a single button appears to work just fine. I could have scripted a tool to solve this problem but since the keyboard commands don't appear to be available in the scripting language It would have been way more complex then it really needs to be.