Fill doesn't work

You got a problem with Mirage or Aura ? Tell us here.
JM07

Fill doesn't work

Post by JM07 »

I don't know how this happened, but this is what happens. I will draw a circle and use the paint bucket to fill the circle and the paint just fills the entire page. It won't stay in the circle. I then use the square or circle drawer and the same thing happens. No matter what I do the drawing doesn't hold the paint and the entire page just fills over. The smooth is set to zero. Any solutions?
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Fill doesn't work

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

What is your source set to? There are four different ways; Front means the spill will happen on the layer above; Back, on the layer below; the other two are self explanatory.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
JM07

Post by JM07 »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:What is your source set to? There are four different ways; Front means the spill will happen on the layer above; Back, on the layer below; the other two are self explanatory.
This even happens if there is only one layer. So I'm not sure how this works. I don't even know how to set the front or the back.
Paul Fierlinger

I just tested it with one layer -- set to Front or Back, the color spills over the entire frame; set to Display or Layer, the color fills inside of a connected line (a full circle). I also have the top most window set to Color and the Fill window set to Color & Density.
Paul
Paul Fierlinger

Something just occurred to me; do you have the Tool Panel opened. Look under Windows in main menu at top of the screen and see if Tool Panel is checked.
Paul
JM07

Post by JM07 »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:I just tested it with one layer -- set to Front or Back, the color spills over the entire frame; set to Display or Layer, the color fills inside of a connected line (a full circle). I also have the top most window set to Color and the Fill window set to Color & Density.

I haven't a clue as to how to set the layer to front or back.
Where do I look?

Thanks for your help.
Paul Fierlinger

I just told you; in the Tool Panel. If you don't see any panel called Tool: xxxx then look under windows to make it appear. If it IS CHECKED and you still can't see it, it might be hidden in the side panel bins. Once you locate it and click on the Fill bucket another panel called Filling Shape will appear and there you will find all the settings I mentioned at the beginning of this thread.
Paul
JM07

Post by JM07 »

Looking at my Mirage 1.5

I see the box that says, in this order,

Filling shape

Color/Behind/Erase/Panto, etc.

Smooth
Opacity
Aaliasing

Gradient

Brush wrapping
With Stretch
Height Stretch

Opacity Mapping

This is all that's in this box. Hmmmm.
Paul Fierlinger

Oh. You should have said that you have Mirage -- or I should have asked. It's been a few years since I worked with Mirage and perhaps someone else will be able to help you. I hate to rub it in, but you are missing an awful lot by not upgrading. Sorry, I can't help you.
Paul
JM07

Post by JM07 »

Yea. Upgrading to TVpaint would cost a fortune. I'm looking at ToonBoom as a reasonable alternative. It is better documented, I think, with 150 + tutorials on their ToonBoom site at Youtube, whereas TVPaint only has 8 uploads because they don't care. And apparently there's nobody here to help me out either. If I want to save money and better instruction I guess I know what to do. Seems like it should be the other way around. Plus, TVpaint says, "well, if you owned Mirage, you're outta luck, you may as well go elsewhere because we're not offering you a special upgrade - you know how it is, we don't think we can offer you a deal for this here cd that takes only about a dollar to replicate, or just a few ounces of electricity to let you download on to your computer while we make these high profits."
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Don't let the door hit your butt when you go.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
JM07

Post by JM07 »

slowtiger wrote:Don't let the door hit your butt when you go.

This reminds of a restaurant that I had worked at one time. The restaurant was losing customers at a rapid rate, and then one day it had to close. Over time I asked people as to what they had thought about the restaurant and they gave me their opinions. I concluded that the reason the restaurant folded was that the owner wasn't interested in the opinions of their customers and wasn't interested in what his cooks were doing. Without the feed back mechanism, without responsiveness, and without an ear for complaints and desire for resolution a business fails. Of course the danger can lie in the boss with his own attitude - one that is not conducive for business building. Of course it is entirely possible for TVPaint to overtake Toonboom if it wanted to, but as it were it seems apathy has taken hold.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Mate, you've asked to get several years of development work for free, and not even in a polite way.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Paul Fierlinger

And apparently there's nobody here to help me out either.
I checked this claim out and saw that you received support 28 minutes after posting your question on a Friday afternoon -- not too bad for a newbie with an attitude.
Paul
toonybrain

Post by toonybrain »

JM, have some cheese with that whine.

You get what you pay for, and upgrading to TVPaint is well worth the investment. The TVPaint forums and developers are more responsive, knowledgeable, and I might add fun, than those of any other software or hardware I own.

Seems like you came here with a chip on your shoulder hoping you'd be dissed. Come back when you get tired of using second best.