casual cursor offset

This topic is dedicated to Open Beta versions. Post here your comment, bugs notifications and ideas about the Android version !
Satrip

casual cursor offset

Post by Satrip »

Sometimes when toggling from a tool to another, the cursor gets a gap between where it's displayed and where it actually "click".
I've also noticed this happening when the window is maximised full-screen and that I hide/reveal Gnome toolbar on top or bottom of the screen
(wich resize automatically the window and produce this bug)

Hopefully when this happens an easy workaround to get the cursor back to normal is to reduce or maximize the window manually

See screenshots with cursor offset:
Attachments
decal02.png
decal02.png (1.32 KiB) Viewed 18357 times
decal01.png
decal01.png (33.13 KiB) Viewed 18357 times
d_rylander

Re: casual cursor offset

Post by d_rylander »

I was collecting data to report this bug also.

I can add that the offset is either vertical or horizontal. It get's stretched across the image so at bottom it's almost no offset but at the top the offset is about the width of the cross. Same for left-> right.
I haven't figured out what causes this or what makes it disappear (it comes and goes through a work session).
It seems to be related to the work canvas rather than the GUI, the offset is the same if I move the canvas around.

edit: Now that I read Satrips report again I see that he has the issue though the GUI, I only have it in drawing mode, or perhaps it's too small to be noticed in the menus.
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

For the Subpixel option, TVPA try to guess the tablet transformation to map the wacom stylus in the screen coordinate, but the result is not perfect in some case.
There are 2 solutions:
1: you can inactivate the subpixel mode in the settings pannel, but this function is usefull if you draw on very big project with a reduced zoom.
2: if the gap appear, move or resize the main TVPA X11 window should fix the gap.
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
Satrip

Post by Satrip »

Hi,
I've just noticed that with Compiz effects activated it solves the problem (At least I can't reproduce the bug by hiding my deskbar while TVPaint window is set to fullscreen, which produced the bug systematically without compiz) !
I used to set Compiz off because it was known (at a time, maybe not anymore) to can generate issues with other softwares using gpu, but here in the contrary it solves a bug.. Nice!
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

Satrip wrote: I used to set Compiz off because it was known (at a time, maybe not anymore) to can generate issues with other softwares using gpu, but here in the contrary it solves a bug.. Nice!
TVPaint don't use GPU. You can use compiz without problem.
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team