Is it possible to create a toggle action?

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
Mads Juul

Re: Is it possible to create a toggle action?

Post by Mads Juul »

isd wrote: I don't remember which soft do that but I think a lot of softwares toggle to the eraser when pressing the button of the pen ro whatever key (depending on the soft). I think Artrage does this also...
Ok I'm just being annoying right now :wink: I think most of the softwares can toggle to the eraser. TVPaint also toggles to the eraser when you press left mouse button when you draw in the color mode. My point is just that togglng between two
action like fill an area or draw a line or go to the next frame. is something else.
But I total agree with you in you request

-mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
Hervé
Site Admin

Post by Hervé »

madsjuul wrote: ..TVPaint also toggles to the eraser when you press left mouse button when you draw in the color mode...
or when you press the space bar ( toggle right and left mouse button ).
Hervé ADAM, TVPaint Team
isd

Post by isd »

Hervé wrote:
madsjuul wrote: ..TVPaint also toggles to the eraser when you press left mouse button when you draw in the color mode...
or when you press the space bar ( toggle right and left mouse button ).
I didn't know that. great (is there a possibility to make the eraser bigger than the tool in color mode? Because when drawing with thin tools it is not really efficient)
Last edited by isd on 20 Feb 2010, 01:12, edited 1 time in total.
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

isd wrote:
I didn't know that great (is there a possibility to make the eraser bigger than the tool in color mode? Because when drawing with thin tools it is not really efficient)
Svengali just a couple of weeks ago wrote a script for me that does just that by toggling one button (or a single key). Now I have the luxury of toggling to an eraser of whatever size or shape I wish, plus the stylus toggle to the eraser of the same width as my pen line for erasing tiny spots. Contact Svengali if you are seriously interested; I believe he'll charge a deserving nominal price.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
isd

Post by isd »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:
isd wrote:
I didn't know that great (is there a possibility to make the eraser bigger than the tool in color mode? Because when drawing with thin tools it is not really efficient)
Svengali just a couple of weeks ago wrote a script for me that does just that by toggling one button (or a single key). Now I have the luxury of toggling to an eraser of whatever size or shape I wish, plus the stylus toggle to the eraser of the same width as my pen line for erasing tiny spots. Contact Svengali if you are seriously interested; I believe he'll charge a deserving nominal price.
Wow, this looks wonderful ^^
The script you are talking about, is it a george script?
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Yes, a George script and it also gives you the possibility to create 6 groups of toggles which you can switch between just by the touch of a button. It's a very smart script and having that one alone makes TVP worth buying. :wink:
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
isd

Post by isd »

Paul Fierlinger wrote:Yes, a George script and it also gives you the possibility to create 6 groups of toggles which you can switch between just by the touch of a button. It's a very smart script and having that one alone makes TVP worth buying. :wink:
The existence of this script should be written in big on the home page! (lol)
jokinb

Post by jokinb »

The nearest thing that I can make to simulate a toggle action, with the George script language, is the following script code:

Code: Select all

//Toggle button simulaton.
//One touch on the button launch the script.
//First we go to the previous frame.
//Second wait until the pen touch the screen again.
//Third, we return to the first frame.

tv_LayerGetImage		//get the current frame number
parse result currentimagen
imagen=currentimagen-1		//go to the previous frame
tv_LayerImage imagen

DO				// this is repeated until you press the LMB
	tv_WaitButton
	parse result action x 	//wait until a mouse button is pressed
UNTIL (cmp(action,1)==1)	//if it is a LMB the cicle is finished

tv_LayerImage currentimagen	//we return to the first frame
The action of go to the previous frame and return to the first frame is achieved with two clicks ( so it is not exactly a toggle action) but I think that is usefull.
First we touch the asigned botton in the toolbar and the script is launched returning to the previous frame.
Second we tounch again in any point of the screen and we return to the original current frame. So whe can do the second click in an area of the frame that we want to take as reference.

With an ITUOS 4 you can use the touch ring to flip back and foward the frames but you must use the two hands. With the above scrip only a hand is necessary. I think it is fast and usefull.
meslin

Post by meslin »

Has someone figured out a way to do this, either by using Autohotkey or paying for Svengali to write a script?
I read this a few times and have decided that it would be a cool feature to be able to press 1,2,(3),4,5 and see 2 frames back, 1 frame back, (current frame--unnecessary since releasing the other keys snaps to current frame), one frame ahead, and two frames ahead. Also it would be really amazing if there was an option to maintain the current image as active for drawing input, so you could hold down, say, 2 and 4 simultaneously and it would be like temporarily having the lighttable set to display those two frames, and then releasing the keys would turn off the light table. Maybe this could be scripted by loading light table settings, and maybe this is a feature request for a "temporary toggle light table." I feel like Mark's "Rock and Roll" could be adapted to do something like this.. I don't know anything about the tvp key input limitations, can it read four simultaneous key presses?
I apologize in advance for saying a lot of possibly meaningless things!

/David