Flip to instance/Bookmark

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Mads Juul

Flip to instance/Bookmark

Post by Mads Juul »

I think the functionallity of the flip part of my "Mads Juul Panel" Which I released in the content sharing should be part directly in the software.
That means a funtion that goes to next instance if the lighttable is in instance mode or bookmarks if the lighttable is in bookmark mode. I think this is the default function that all(most) animators would want and it should be assigned to the left/ right arrow keyboard shortcuts as default.
-mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
D.T. Nethery

Re: Flip to instance/Bookmark

Post by D.T. Nethery »

madsjuul wrote:I think the functionallity of the flip part of my "Mads Juul Panel" Which I released in the content sharing should be part directly in the software.
That means a funtion that goes to next instance if the lighttable is in instance mode or bookmarks if the lighttable is in bookmark mode. I think this is the default function that all(most) animators would want and it should be assigned to the left/ right arrow keyboard shortcuts as default.
-mads
I AGREE !
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

That's the way I set up the keys for me - left/right arrow = next instance.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
NickA

Post by NickA »

I use the , and . to change instances/bookmarks and the left and right keys to change frames, which is handy if I want to split an instance.
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

NickA wrote:I use the , and . to change instances/bookmarks and the left and right keys to change frames, which is handy if I want to split an instance.
Same here; I have 8,9 for previous and next instance and left/right arrows for frame, because while always working with instances, there are occasions when I need to move in single increments.

But I would also VERY MUCH welcome a single pair of key command that would advance left and right to bookmarks, instances or frames -- all depending on what one selects in the LightTable. That would be such a Key Saver!!!
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet