ongoing mystery: .bin and .data tvp/mac

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
CharlieC

ongoing mystery: .bin and .data tvp/mac

Post by CharlieC »

hello all-

checking in again on this: can anyone out there shed some light on getting old mirage tools into tvp (8.6.2 in my case).
sorry for the similar posts, but i still haven't come up with all the useful info.

1) tool bar .bin and .data files seem to live here: tvp>contents>resources>plugins. if i go to windows>custom panels i see the newer ones, but not the mirage ones i've placed there.

2) also, to complicate things, the mirage files have lots of sub folders, so i don't know if the entire folder and all its subfolders go in the plugins folder, or if i need to put them in various places.

i'll attach an image of the hierarchy if it helps. and you can see an example of all the mirage sub folders too.

3) and- i'm not sure what to expect in this case: if, on a toolbar, i RMB>all panels>load new tool bar, should i be navigating to the tvp folder, or is this for when tool bar files have been downloaded, or live somewhere else? if i navigate to the tvp folder, it's ghosted-out and i can't go in.

if anyone has more ideas, i'd love to hear them. i know the mac users and mac info is scarce here.
Attachments
tvp contents.png
Charlie C

charliecanfield.com
Mac mini (M1, 2020)
chip Apple M1
memory 16 GB
(currently running Monterey 12.6)
Cintiq 22HD (2015), driver 6.3.36-2