UNDO & HISTORY STACK....

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
radams6

UNDO & HISTORY STACK....

Post by radams6 »

Hi All,

Just wanted to comment on the need for a project undo and history stack...
That is saved with each project.

Since we love our bitmap painting, animating and FX's...
Thou there are some non destrutive operations...most of the things we do are destructive.
Or we loose the undo options once we save and close a project.

Something that NewTek has done with their Non LInear Editor...was to make any project have a complete history/undo stack.

So if 3 months from now you want to load in a project, you can still undo and go back to areas in it...or updated it etc...
This would be so helpful for TVPaint Pro to have as well....

It could also have other uses...like being able to copy and FX..or stroke to other frames or projects...etc...

This is something that has some very powerful and helpful options...for pros and hobbists alike.

I've got some other ideas in regards to this...if anyone wants to chat about it.

Cheers,

Ray Adams
Ray Adams

Visual FX Supervisor
R Creative Touch
Gravin

Re: UNDO & HISTORY STACK....

Post by Gravin »

This isn't a bad Idea!

I just recently tried out Adobe Soundbooth CS3 for the Digital Audio/Video course I took last semester and the key feature that made this product feel worth anything was the inclusion of an undo history stack. The rest of the tools were average for an audio editor but the ability to see the stages of project as I performed various edits made it much easier to document my work for the class and experiment with different options. I imagine this sort of feature might cause issues with file sizes increasing but these days that sort of hardware limitation is becoming a thing of the past.

This would be icing on the cake, but it would be tasty icing :wink: