Rototracking and autopaint enhancements.

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
JohnArtbox

Rototracking and autopaint enhancements.

Post by JohnArtbox »

Roto tracking and autopainting in tvpaint are great and the bsplines are highly responsive and intuitive but ....
1. Could you add motion blur to the roto tracking features to allow for a semi automatic edge softening? I know I can do it with the edge paramater, but often motion blur provides a simpler solution.
2. Autopaint along a bspline would allow you to animate a path over time as it was being stroked, useful in so many ways.
3. Open splines are really a necessity if autopaint and rototracking can be combined.
4. Autopaint stroke profile- assign a profile to the stoke so that you can start with thin edge, taper outwards in the centre of the stroke and then taper back.
5. An easy way to keyframe the stroke size at various points to create pseudo 3d strokes.
6. 3d transforms on the bsplines for things like logo rotates etc.
7. someway to get illustrator paths loaded into Mirage
8. And on top of that....I'll add my voice to the chorus of people asking for a keyframe curve editor with a timeline.
If any of this can already be done, I'll be happy to be corrected.... I tried using a particle trail for the 3d paint option but was unable to get a smooth stroke(this is a technique I've used in Fusion). I also know about using a border fx to outline a bspline shape...which is useful in many situations but not as fleible as autopainting.
I know that this is a long list of requests and extends tvpaint considerably, but it's just such a fun and responsive program to work in.
Thanks
John