LL wip

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
tonydusko

Re: LL wip

Post by tonydusko »

Paul Fierlinger wrote: I also like the economical use of color within these drawings. I've been experimenting with using less color myself for characters that are drawn with just a few thin lines. When they are filled out with buckets of paint they loose their built-in charm of dexterity and simplicity. If they are painted with textured brush strokes, they boil too much.
I also struggle with finding a solution to this problem. Is there anyone here who can offer any insight or examples of their own? I enjoy the look of textured fills in still art but it is too often distracting when they boil during movement.
Tony
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

tonydusko wrote:
Paul Fierlinger wrote: I also like the economical use of color within these drawings. I've been experimenting with using less color myself for characters that are drawn with just a few thin lines. When they are filled out with buckets of paint they loose their built-in charm of dexterity and simplicity. If they are painted with textured brush strokes, they boil too much.
I also struggle with finding a solution to this problem. Is there anyone here who can offer any insight or examples of their own? I enjoy the look of textured fills in still art but it is too often distracting when they boil during movement.
the attitude to paint in this case should be less "fill", and more autonomous presence.
Try this (as a test, separately from your project):
1. paint 5 consecutive frames with a uniform area of paint (of your choice)
2. stretch the layer to double the amount of frames, with interpolation.
3. Stretch again to double the new amount with interpolation.

now, when you play, you get a feel of the paint, although the boiling have subsided and changed to dissolves. With this technique the paint is on it's own layer, behaving somewhat autonomous from the drawing. Any paint that ends up outside the drawing are can be removed with the same brush as above in "Erase" drawing mode.
texture animation pawaw.gif
texture animation pawaw.gif (1.35 MiB) Viewed 8617 times
tonydusko

Post by tonydusko »

That looks interesting. I will do some experimenting with this. Thanks.
Tony