TVPaint 9 PRO educational

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
mlmiller1983

TVPaint 9 PRO educational

Post by mlmiller1983 »

Looking at the international order page I did not see TVPaint Animation Pro 9.0 educational for sale. I was wondering if there was a reason for this because I was planning to finally order the educational TVP Pro this upcoming August?
Peter Wassink

Re: TVPaint 9 PRO educational

Post by Peter Wassink »

Same here, many enthusiastic reactions from my students, but i could not answer the questions about upgrade prices and such.
And could maybe an alternative be found for the rather cumbersome 5 seat obligation. Now sometimes a student cannot buy the program simply because there is not the right number of fellow students buying tvp.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hi there,

Don't worry, we will give you more infos about the students prices very soon. :)
The online store will be updated. (Patrice is currently working on this issue)

Stay tuned.
Fabrice.
Fabrice Debarge
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

thnx Fabrice.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Once the online store will be renewed, we will probably think about the user gallery.
Fabrice Debarge
mlmiller1983

Post by mlmiller1983 »

To order the educational license of TVPaint 9 Pro do you need to send a copy of our student ID and the special edu code or just the copy of the student ID? Also, what exactly is the special edu code we are suppose to get from our school? Thanks!!!
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Can students who already have an educational license for TVP 8 upgrade, or do they have to pay full price again?
Is it possible to upgrade an educational license to a normal one once a student graduates?
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

mlmiller1983 wrote:To order the educational license of TVPaint 9 Pro do you need to send a copy of our student ID and the special edu code or just the copy of the student ID? Also, what exactly is the special edu code we are suppose to get from our school? Thanks!!!
In order to valid your order for an educational License you need to send us a copy of your student card. Special codes will be given to some eligible schools. They will provide you the codes. The TVPaint team will not directly provide you these codes.
Tantalus wrote:Can students who already have an educational license for TVP 8 upgrade, or do they have to pay full price again?
Is it possible to upgrade an educational license to a normal one once a student graduates?
Upgrade are not possible for educational licenses. But if you compare educational prices with upgrade prices, you will see that the prices are the same. Educational Licenses can be upgraded to a "normal" one once graduated.
Ex TVPaint Team
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Patrice wrote: Upgrade are not possible for educational licenses. But if you compare educational prices with upgrade prices, you will see that the prices are the same.
i cannot find the upgrade prices on the website!
oh...i just accidentily found it in the news section (!? why not in the store!)

i still don't fully understand how it works, the student price used to be about 20% of the full price now it is suddenly 50% !
Personally i think it would be better to make TVP significantly cheaper for students so you are sure they will all buy it, now i fear the threshold is a bit too high.
(the license should off course end after 4 years, although i don't know how that would work)

can students also profit of the 20% preorder discount?

Patrice wrote: Educational Licenses can be upgraded to a "normal" one once graduated.
So students would then only pay the difference?
just checking, Patrice, because i know i'll get toasted with these questions in september.

Upgrading from Standard Edition Educational License ( 200€ ) to a Standard Edition (475€)would cost 275€
Upgrading from Standard Edition Educational License ( 200€ ) to a Professional Edition (950€)would be 750€
Upgrading from Professional Edition Educational License ( 475€ ) to a Professional Edition (950€)would be 475€
but would then the (unlikely) scenario of upgrading from Professional Edition Educational License ( 475€ ) to a Standard Edition (475€) be free?
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

I work at state univ here in Chicago... Autodesk sells Maya Unlimited 2008 for $350.00 USD if you get the academic license which is for students, faculty, AND employees at academic institutions. Full retail is approx $8,000.00. additionally they threw in three other software titles, so for price of $350.00 USD I received $10,000.00 worth of software. There was no 5 seat minimum and there is no time limit ...

I have my own personal account manager at http://www.CDW.com

regards,
William
TVPaint Animation Pro v11
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

Hi Peter,

Upgrade prices were in the Newsletter and in the official announcement.
In the Online store upgrade prices are available for the persons who are eligible. Upgrade prices appears once a valid lockcode is used.

For TVP Animation 8, Student prices were:
- 250€ instead of 475€ for the standard edition (near 50% discount),
- 475€ instead of 950€ for the professional edition (50% discount).

For TVP Animation 9, Student prices are:
- 200€ instead of 475€ for the standard edition (near 60% discount),
- 475€ instead of 950€ for the professional edition (50% discount).

Educational Licenses are not time limited and student can use them for commercial purpose. Once they are graduated they can continue to use their license without any new payment... I think it is not a big prices... And then if they want to upgrade to the next version they can benefit of upgrade prices with no problem.
So 200€ for a standard edition without any restrictions (475€ for professional one) I think it is a great offer for a student.

Masterchief:
Our educational licenses have no 5-seats minimum and time limit...
Ex TVPaint Team
masterchief

Post by masterchief »

cool Patrice...

I love TVP!... :)
TVPaint Animation Pro v11
mlmiller1983

Post by mlmiller1983 »

Is the commercial upgrade for educational TVPaint the price difference between the two?

Just to clarify, all I need to give you a copy of my student ID to order an educational license of TVPaint and the special school code is not necessary? If I am wrong please let me know. Thanks!!!
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

There is no commercial upgrade from an educational version since the educational version allow the student to use his version for commercial purpose.

You only need to send me a copy of your student card in order to valid your order you can directly made in the online store. The special code can be use for an additional discount like you can see on commercial website (ebay, amazon, etc...)
Ex TVPaint Team
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Patrice wrote: Educational Licenses are not time limited and student can use them for commercial purpose. Once they are graduated they can continue to use their license without any new payment...
wow!
Patrice wrote: ... I think it is a great offer for a student.
me to! :D