How do I make tween animation? (moving still images)

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Bogaz10

How do I make tween animation? (moving still images)

Post by Bogaz10 »

Hello,

How can I animate still images, while skewing them?
example: as throwing a ball. I want to move one image of a ball across the screen while changing it's proportions. This was easily done in flash, but I cannot find it in TVP

another example, I want to make a guy walk using always one image of his round head, just animating his facial details in another layer

Thanks
Peter Wassink

Re: How do I make tween animation? (moving still images)

Post by Peter Wassink »

Bogaz10 wrote:Hello,

How can I animate still images, while skewing them?
example: as throwing a ball. I want to move one image of a ball across the screen while changing it's proportions. This was easily done in flash, but I cannot find it in TVP
you could use the Keyframer in the FXstack for this.
Bogaz10 wrote: another example, I want to make a guy walk using always one image of his round head, just animating his facial details in another layer
Thanks
...if you need to do it like that, you could pick up the head as a custombrush and stamp it down on an animlayer then animate the details in a layer above it.

but you could also create a seperate 'head' project, where the head sits still on the bottom layer and the details are animated on top. Then import this head into a new 'walkcycle' project using the keyframer (select the head project as a source under the render tab of the keyframer).
or by picking up the head project as an animbrush and putting that down on top of your walking figure.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM