Consistency of Image Over Time

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Sierra Rose

Re: Consistency of Image Over Time

Post by Sierra Rose »

I wouldn't want to call it an award if it is given to someone who can't make a living

Or sponsorship. Didn't Bach get help from the National Film Board in Canada? When I see some people's work, I wish they could just concentrate on making their films and not have to do anything else.

Some artists have wonderful business acumen along with their talent. Not everyone though.

I agree it must give a person an edge to need to earn a living at it. I can see how one would develop practical shortcuts to make it possible to finish a project on time for one thing. And one would always need to tune into what the client wants.

I grew up in Hollywood and saw a great many people struggle to break into film as actors. The competition was enormous and most of them gave up after awhile and did something else. But some continued to act on legit stages around town and took what they could get just to act because they loved it so much and were very good at it. Driven by a different impetus than money or fame.

I feel lucky to be free to work so long and hard at what I love without having to consider how much money it might bring in. You'd think my life depended upon it, they way it absorbs me though...this big uncomfortable void. Such a thrill to do this work.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
masterchief

Re: Consistency of Image Over Time

Post by masterchief »

grant money?????

I work at state university.... we use grants all the time... we have employees working here that are totally funded out of grants.
lots of organizations and companies out there with funds available as grants, whether it be used to subsidize education for a qualifying students or well thought out proposal for project of any kind. if you can get grant to fund your passion, more power to you. IMHO

regards,
William
TVPaint Animation Pro v11