Roselle2: problems exchanging video with Premiere

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Peter Wassink

Roselle2: problems exchanging video with Premiere

Post by Peter Wassink »

Roselle is German speaking and has problems getting her files into adobe premiere.
I could not help her much further, Here is a translation of her post:

Hello Tantalus, many dear thanks for this answer. I always make the following settings:

Pal D1 4:3 Pixelaspect 1,067 -und 25 -- (Frames) Progressive.
I always work with these!

Saving (Exporting) = Pal 4:3 720 x 576. Pixelaspect 1,067 and lower half-image.
Audio is configured, however no audio is stored in the file on export. Can't TVP do this? I cannot export it in TVP, however i can import sound.

Export: i use always AVI!! The Microsoft data processing DV codec, which also calls itself "data processing with interleave". Adobe premiere pro 2 also uses this codec.

In TVP i Always have to set it, under Config, on Pal, since TVP DOES NOT REMEMBER this. Again and again the standard is on US.

The attempt to work with Uncompressed AVI for Pro2 gave too many Problems!
When i work in Quiktime mov the quality is much worse, even at 100%.
Adobe PRO2 absolutely cannot seem to process completely artificially produced clips. (I have my Professur by the Adobe product chain from 26 years experience)

With the DPI 96 or 72 in the pictures irritated me only, because I understood that our TVP can only handle 72 DPI and one can adjust it when one wishes it somewhere differently.
That came only because -- with the new TVP 8.5.10.

Pro 2 could not process a single imagedo, it crashed immediately after import in the project window (the Pro2)!

In the XP Explorer has each image 96 dpi, Irfan View gives it none dpi recognition. Premiere always recognizes 96 dpi. Also with the 24 bits Pro2 always recognizes as 32Bit.
Since that is absolutely wrong, I do not trust pro 2 over the way.

Sudden crashes in Pro2 with the pictures are without error message. An attempt to export pictures without alpha channel from TVP, then import at Pro2. came then the following error message: dev\stringgray\MediaLayer\Src\AudioHost.cpp-653.

Only now one can work also on progressive projects in Pro2. I have the attempt behind me.
i get the least amount of crashes when i work in progressive mode in premiere pro 2, and use lower fields output of tvpaint, using this method
At now 6 minutes finished Film I have only had 16 crashes. That is already a considerably positive result in relation to all predecessor versions for pro 2. Whereby the A-CS3Version is again an absolute disaster here.

I must say it here one time. This TVP Program is one the safest, stable and most clean programmed programs that a Broadcaster can cut for himself!
Thick praise for TVP. Small problems are often self-errors in handling the program. I hope I am understood and am looking forward on tips to my software problem, thanks herzlichst from Germany Roselle2
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Roselle2

Tantalus Problem von Roselle2

Post by Roselle2 »

Hallo dir Tantalus, i hope that my english is god from my words now.

Ematecki und A1 will give my a Tip from my Problem. I found now Speed Edit and Vegas. Vegas will not go at my PC. Speed Edit, i think its the right Programm. I say Thanks, i am verry, verry happy. Now i go to learn the The Speed Edit Programm. You can Wish my a good Time, Thanks say Your dir Roselle2 :lol: