tv paint video manual> you tube version<

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
cresshead

tv paint video manual> you tube version<

Post by cresshead »

hi

tv paint video manual lesson 1 [multiple sections] is now up on youtube
lesson 2 has just been recorded [multiple sections] and has yet to go up
onto youtube...lesson 2 is over 550mb so will take a while to get put up...

just to let you know i'm recording these on the fly so when i read from the manual and do the lessons it's ususally the first time i've read it as i'm pretty busy and so can't afford multiple read thru's or extended tests...seat of the pants video training :D

i must say lesson 2 was a real slog..some of it was down to parts of the manul not translating from french to english too well and some was because of a few changes in the app i think without the manual being updated...

however if you stick with it..we'll get thru it :D

so...

tv paint has it's own playlist on my youtube channel now...
lesson 2 will get posted up over the next week...there's 16 10min vids to go up so it'll take a while...lesson 3 should be done for end of next week...

as you know the pdf has 20 lessons...so i've made a good start!

http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p ... 5F2C7E0178
cresshead

Post by cresshead »

okay a couple of questions i have seeing as some of the manual needs abit of help from some knowledgable users...

recent colours palete used doesn't work...has this changed in tv paint from what the manual describes...it's currently displayig a mixed bag of general colors and not what i've used in the scene.
edit>>sorted that one out and added another video to exlplain<<

guides...can you not edit guides ie move them after you have placed them?

co ordinates window the empty 2 lines mentioned in the manual seem to do nothing...the explanation for the co ordinate window leaves me thinking what/when would i ever use this?
edit>>sorted that one out and added another video to exlplain<<

re-apply doesn't have the enter shortcut key listed in the edit menu...
djm99001

Post by djm99001 »

Cresshead,

Thanks for doing this--it's great. But do you have these videos in a higher-resolution format? If so, you should upload them to veoh.com or vimeo.com, since they allow higher resolutions than 320x240.

David
oliveuk

Post by oliveuk »

I am not too intereted in watching someone going through everysingle functions in TV Paint but I would recommend your video to anyone else.

I only watched one and luckily you still seem to have tried the software before so there isn't much time wasting.

Ah the inline help and Wacom tablets ;-) I thought it never worked then one day I realised that TV Paint picks up everyslight motion of the pen and don't display the Help unless you leave the cursor on an icon and lift the pen vertically until the pen is too far from the tablet for the cursor to move.

Good work. If you find the time I would be more interested in an animation walkthrough.

Olive
cresshead

Post by cresshead »

djm99001 wrote:Cresshead,

Thanks for doing this--it's great. But do you have these videos in a higher-resolution format? If so, you should upload them to veoh.com or vimeo.com, since they allow higher resolutions than 320x240.

David
yes all are recorded at 1280x1024 and lesson 1's videos have been sent to tvpaint crew for them to host and or transfer to .mov or flv from the origional avi

regards the youtube versions:- i'm always aware that when watching on youtube it's not great resolution that's why i try and 'fill the gaps' of the lack of full res with my audio description so if there's only the youtube version you should still be able to follow along.
Last edited by cresshead on 21 Apr 2008, 12:56, edited 1 time in total.
cresshead

Post by cresshead »

lesson 2's 17 video clips were more of a slog..i'm going to re do some of them as the translation from french to english in the user manual gave me some frustrating moments in the current videos so i'd like to smooth them over with re recording :D

once again they'll be first up on youtube and then at sometime later available here at full resolution, once the Tvpaint crew go thru them and host them.
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hi Cresshead,

I'm back in the TVP office, I will contact you as soon as possible. :)
Fabrice Debarge
ZigOtto

guide improvement

Post by ZigOtto »

cresshead wrote:...
guides...can you not edit guides ie move them after you have placed them?
good idea!
actually, when a created guide isn't exactly what you want, you need to RAZ,
then re-generate the cross-point to a better place,
I can imagine a crtl+LMB-click & drag to move a cross-point and so tweak its position .
:)
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

Hi Cresshead,

Did you receive the messages and emails I sent you a few days ago :?:
Fabrice Debarge
cresshead

Re: tv paint video manual> you tube version<

Post by cresshead »

hi
yeah got your message..been really busy of late [work work work..]

will get back to re-recording lesson 2 [17 vids]...i already did lesson 2's 17 vids but on playback
i'm not liking my stumbling about and the frustration show's in the audio so now i've 'sussed them'
i can re record a better version.

i think it'll be a case of making the vids then re-making them for most lessons...slow but a better way to make a more proffessional
training set of vids.
Anim8tor Cathy

Post by Anim8tor Cathy »

I just wanted to say - I really have learned a lot from your videos and hope you post more soon. They are a wonderful contribution and invaluable to people like me who are just starting out with this software. Thank you so much! :D

-Cathy
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

I think we will upload the first videos (lesson #1) on our server soon and introduce them in the next Newsletter.
It'll be a big help for all newbies !

Thanks again for the huge work Creeshead !
Fabrice Debarge