Where are the George scripts stored? (& beginner tips)

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
ramblindawg

Where are the George scripts stored? (& beginner tips)

Post by ramblindawg »

Hi, again...This past weekend I decided to look into using George scripts, but I was not able to find them on either my PC or Mac.

the User Guide says that the George scripts are located in these folders:

"C:/program files/TVPaint Animation Pro/George For Microsoft Windows users
Application/TVPaint Animation Pro/George For Apple OS-X users"

...but I was not able to find these folders in those directories.

I did a search on my Mac for "george" and I did find something called George.bundle way deep inside TVPaint>Contents>Resources>Plugins , but I don't know how to open it. I then did a search on my computer for ".grg" and all I found were the older ones in my old Library>Mirage folder. Where can I find the current TVPaint .grg scripts?

Thanks for your help!

--Sherm

PS...I have never used scripts or done any programming before. Do any of you have a recommendation on a good course or book for a beginner? I've done plenty of searches, but the courses all seem to be language-specific, and I don't know which programming language would be most helpful for customizing TVPaint. Any tips welcome. Thanks!
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Maybe you can find the example scripts in this thread

http://www.tvpaint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=824

and put it in the george folder "Application/TVPaint Animation Pro/George" George scripts dont have to be stored in that folder. you can save it anywhere on your computer an run it with an action from inside tvpaint.

I think the best way to learn a script language. is to look at some examples.
And have an Idea about wich script to create.

You find some additional scripts in the contest sharing.

There are also a discription on how to create george script in the user manual.
And you can obtain the SDK where there is a detailed description of the different George function.
And you can ask at the forum. Im learning George myself. right now. very powerfull this scripting

-Mads
ramblindawg

Post by ramblindawg »

Mads, that is EXACTLY what I was looking for...it looks like Asaf had the very same question as me, just six months ago.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!

---Sherm :D