Update TVP Animation (Standard & Professional Edition) 8

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Patrice

Update TVP Animation (Standard & Professional Edition) 8

Post by Patrice »

Hi all,
We release today a new update for TVP Animation Standard and Professional Edition. This update is the 8.5.5 version and fix some bugs and behavior:
- Now the Ctrl button is ignored when you change your stylus during the use of TVP Animation.
- The settings of the grid is now more efficient.
- In the 8.5.4 version, some choices were missing in the Resolution popup of the startup menu. These are present in this update.
- In the 8.5.4 version there was a strange behavior with the add border effect for non-SSE2 Intel processor. This works fine now.
- In the 8.5.4 version there was a little bug of refresh on the project display when the Background was set to "none" (only on Mac). This works fine now.
- In the 8.5.4 version there was a colision between the flip book and the play. Now this works fine. The flip book stops the reading before starting.
- In the 8.5.4 version, the printing system used 10.4 system functions. So the software can not be launch on Mac OS X 10.3.9. Now the update can work on Mac OS X 10.3.9.
- Some minor updates for speed improvement.

You can download the update for free by using the "Check for updates" function in the "Help" menu of the TVP Animation (Standard & Professional Edition) 8.5.x or use the update page on our website for TVP Animation (Standard & Professional Edition) 8.x.

Enjoy,
Patrice
Ex TVPaint Team
A1

Post by A1 »

Hi Patrice,

I seem to have problems downloading the file. I've had trouble downloading quicktime files from the animation section in the forum the last couple of days. It seems to be related. The files are indicated as 'start downloading' by firefox, but they don't actually start, just hang.(i tried with check for updates direct from tvpanimation also) Has something happend to the site or more likely is my web browser acting funny. Any clues to what might cause this ?
Thanks for your time!
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

Hi A1,
Check in you web browser settings if Javascript is activated. All works fine everywhere I test it.
Ex TVPaint Team
A1

Post by A1 »

javascript is activated, i disabled windows firewall, reinstalled firefox.
Nothing seems to help. I must be doing something wrong, because i never had trouble downloading updates before. It does seem to be specifiek to the tvpaint website since i don't have any problems downloading anywhere else. It also seems to be specifiek to my computer since no one else reported any problems. Are there any other switches in firefox i could flip?Maybe it is a firefox udate (2.0.0.6)? . My virusscanner? (AVG).

Sorry to steal your time with this...but i can't get my hands in the cookiejar.
Volker

Post by Volker »

I can not use the "check for updates" option, too.
It opens a web browser window that displays an error message "nothing to download" or something like that.

But I can use the link from the tvpaint site :

http://www.tvpaint.com/index.php?option ... Itemid=137

This will open the download form which worked fine.
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

Can you show me what is the exact message you have cause it works fine here.
Ex TVPaint Team
A1

Post by A1 »

I tried with the fillout form, but still no luck.
It seems to connect, download 360-ish kb and then freezes, without indicating in the downloadwindow that it has actually started, (or showing a downloadbar, just the "starting" indication is there staring me in the face).
What to do? i don't know... I searched (part of :roll: ) the net for solutions, but to no avail...
bluh..i'll try again tomorrow.
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

On our side, it is written your update was aggreed and you were able to download the update. maybe you have a software which block the download. Here it works with AVG and Windows defender running.
Can you post a screenshot of your webbrowser after submited the form lease?
Ex TVPaint Team
mox

Post by mox »

Update via "Check for updates" works fine here.
Jerome Lorin
Moxica (playground)
(Win11/TVP 11.7.3-64 bits pro)
A1

Post by A1 »

It must be something on my end, but i appreciate the help!

edit: i did this with the check for updates.
Attachments
Hang.gif
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

I confirm that the problem comes from your side. In your case something blocks the download.
Ex TVPaint Team
A1

Post by A1 »

i'll give it some time tomorrow, and hopefully post a solution for
all other lowtechies out there.
Thanks for looking in to this!
Volker

Post by Volker »

this is what I get when I click on "check for updates"...

(ok I am at 8.5.5 and there is no newer version, but this message also was there when I still was at 8.5.4 and the new update was available)
Attachments
update.jpg
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

I have tested it with TVP Animation 8.5.3 and TVP Animation 8.5.4 and all was fine. The 8.5.5 update has been find each time.
Ex TVPaint Team
Patrice

Post by Patrice »

Hi All,
Another update is available. You can download TVP Animation 8.5.6 Standard & Professional Edition. You can use the update form here or use the "Check for updates" option in the "Help" menu.

In this version some problems have been fixed:
- There was a problem when saving your project on MacOSX and then load on Windows.
- A strange behavior was present when dragging a file from the explorer to TVP Animation with the Wacom Pen.

Plus some speed improvements like each time!

Enjoy!
Ex TVPaint Team