New project in rough

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
alex

New project in rough

Post by alex »

this is a new file which began yesterday when a saw a band's picture. I took it and decided to work with it and on it. I post you the original picture with my work to know what yours indications for my drawing and animation, and for the main that i used the original picture. I begin the animation with every frame from 1 to 33, and the remainder is only key fames. But you can nevertheless look at the animation's timming. Don't forget to criticize, it's important for me.

Thank you very much
Attachments
fatfreddy00.mov
this is my work
(2.66 MiB) Downloaded 3915 times
this is the original picture
this is the original picture
alex

Post by alex »

here the continuation of this project by refining the lines and by respecting a minimum a model sheet.moreover I decide to make move the characters present on the original photograph. dont forget to tell me what your think about my work.
do not forget to deliver your opinion on my animation, that will allow me in addition to progressing
Attachments
fatfreddy01.mov
(3.36 MiB) Downloaded 3875 times
DAVID GUIVANT

Post by DAVID GUIVANT »

That's pretty good for a start. I downloaded the demo. Would you mind if I showed it to my students? :)
TVPaint
Site Admin

Post by TVPaint »

Absolutely not, that would be our pleasure.
If you need any help, please let us know ;)
DAVID GUIVANT

Post by DAVID GUIVANT »

We start figure drawing in 2 months or so.
So I'll show them how many frames, how long it takes.

So that they realize the hard work behind and the time involved in each drawing.

Cheers

Dave :o
alex

Post by alex »

i've changed some organisations of character's movements, for more lisibillity. But i've got some problems to make some character's actions credible, if you've got help or idea which can help my animation, don't hesitate to criticize. Thanks
Attachments
fatfreddys.mov
(2.6 MiB) Downloaded 3889 times
DAVID GUIVANT

Post by DAVID GUIVANT »

The character on the right has to move slightly faster and balance his hips a little otherwise it looks like he's floating.

But then again it's just a training exercise, maybe if you also added a shadow on the floor? :)
alex

Post by alex »

thank you verry much David for your critic, i'll not cheat a little by putting a shade (although it's a verry good idea) I will make a better accentuate on his swaying walk and make his walk faster. I put and post the result when i finish it.
DAVID GUIVANT

Post by DAVID GUIVANT »

No worries at all Alex, good luck with the animation. :P
alex

Post by alex »

i'll continue to work my animation. i will make shadow at the end, but i would make the smoke with particules fx. what do you think about it? can it be a good idea? and for the last question , what would you change in this animation to make movements more credible.
Thanks for yours answers
Attachments
fatfreddys.mov
(3.1 MiB) Downloaded 3875 times
DAVID GUIVANT

Post by DAVID GUIVANT »

Having better smoke on a cartoony drawing won't make the animation more realistic. Do you remember one of the Simpsons episode featured Homer poping into our world. Homer was 3-D, of course L.A was footage of L.A. It looked weird but didn't add more realism to the shot.

If the could os smoke wasn't too big it would look more real.
Depends on what you message do you want to express and what kind of visual style you want to acheive? :wink:
alex

Post by alex »

thank you DAVID GUIVANT, i remenber of the Simpsons episode where homer were in 3D. But i'm verry interesting to test all the possibility of tvpaint, and i want to try to make special effect only, with particules.I'm sure that varying opacity will maybe arrived at a result not too kitch and rather sympathetic.
DAVID GUIVANT

Post by DAVID GUIVANT »

Well you also got to design the shape of the cloud then, so it looks more realistic? :P
alex

Post by alex »

yes i've got some issues with cloud because it's far to be done... but i'd continue my animation with a better timming. See it and tell me your impressions
Attachments
fatfredys.mov
(1.61 MiB) Downloaded 3846 times
alex

Post by alex »

i post my work, i will finish it today. This is the last export i did, i have continued the character movements. I will do shadows and a punchline. Please tell me what you thinks about my work.
Attachments
fatfreddy09.mov
(2.8 MiB) Downloaded 3883 times