Eraser tool’s preferences resetting after rotating a Wacom Pen

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Agneta

Eraser tool’s preferences resetting after rotating a Wacom Pen

Post by Agneta »

Hello,

I have already found some topics regarding problems with the eraser tool, but not the one I am exactly having.

I am not able to change the preferences of the eraser tool that would „last“ after rotating the pen. As soon as I am changing the eraser to pen or pencil and then to eraser again (with the eraser-tip of a WACOM pen) the earlier set preferences of an eraser tool in TV Paint are reset again to „previous“ settings (I don’t even know , if I could call these settings as „default" settings- it's resetting to: Size - 12,5 Opacity - 80%. When I click on „reset" button, there are another settings- with size - 20 % and opacity - 100 %).

So basically, I need to change the eraser settings in TV Paint manually, each time I use eraser-tip of the WACOM-Pen. If I am not using the eraser of the Wacom Pen, but click on the eraser tool in TV Paint with the pen-tip of a Wacom-pen - the changed settings of the Eraser tool are not reset. But as soon as I „rotate“ the WACOM pen for the eraser, the eraser- tool settings in TV Paint are being reset.

I have tried to restart the TV Paint-it did’t help.

I am „stuck“ with these Settings of an eraser tool:

Bildschirm­foto 2024-03-13 um 15.51.04.png
Bildschirm­foto 2024-03-13 um 15.51.04.png (18.13 KiB) Viewed 323 times

The Eraser tool in the main preferences is set as a freehand eraser.

Bildschirm­foto 2024-03-13 um 15.51.22.png

My technical specifications:
TV Paint 11 Pro WIBU(11.7.2-64 bits)

MacBook Pro
Chip: Apple M1 Pro
RAM: 32 Gb
macOS: Ventura 13.0.1

I appologise for a confusing description, it wasn’t so easy to distingish the definition of the TVPaint eraser Tool and WACOM -Pen eraser without repeating the word eraser...

does anyone have the same issue?

Thank you in advance!
Agneta
Elena C

Re: Eraser tool’s preferences resetting after rotating a Wacom Pen

Post by Elena C »

I'm having this exact same problem! Only that when I rotate the stylus from eraser to pen, my pen jumps to another colour I have used previously. It's not always the same colour...