Custom Interface Guide screenshots are here!

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
ramblindawg

Custom Interface Guide screenshots are here!

Post by ramblindawg »

Hi, everyone...while I was in the process of tweaking my own interface look, I decided the best way for me to find out which option affects which element was to color each element separately in RED against a very neutral background.

There are 40 different choices in the interface-customization menu, so I made 40 consecutive screen captures. For each option I colored that element RED so it would stand out. All 40 screengrabs are of the exact same area, so if you load all 40 pictures into an image viewer like a slideshow or Preview, you can see the changes one at a time.

Each jpeg is consecutively numbered in the order the options appear in the menu. Each one is also named so you can just look at the specific option if you are interested.

Even though I tried to show many different interface elements, there were still 11 out of the 40 options for which I could find no effect. These images are labeled "NotFound" at the end of the file name.

I have combined all 41 images into one zip file. I tried attaching it to this post, but I'm having some trouble with that...So I put it up on my blog:

http://cartoonsnap.blogspot.com/2007/06 ... ation.html

I hope you all find this helpful, and maybe someone can solve the 11 "NotFound" elements in the future!

Have fun...
--Sherm
Attachments
Here's just one example, showing the effect of the option, "Gadget Drag." As you can see, it's pretty complex to show all the elements on one shot, so that's why I've done it in 40 different shots.
Here's just one example, showing the effect of the option, "Gadget Drag." As you can see, it's pretty complex to show all the elements on one shot, so that's why I've done it in 40 different shots.
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

good work ramblindawg.

Maybe Fabrice can shed some light on the 11 obscure functions.

Or maybe Herve can simply remove/rename them.

Just in case, I list here the function that seemingly have no influence:

Requester System 1
Requester System 2
Gadget Default
Gadget Default selected
Gadget Action Selected
Gadget Drag Selected
Gadget Slider
Gadget Slder Selected
Gadget Tabs Over (I can see the intention in this one at least...)
Menu Shortcut
Background Other
ramblindawg

Post by ramblindawg »

malcooning wrote: Just in case, I list here the function that seemingly have no influence:

Requester System 1
Requester System 2
Gadget Default
Gadget Default selected
Gadget Action Selected
Gadget Drag Selected
Gadget Slider
Gadget Slder Selected
Gadget Tabs Over (I can see the intention in this one at least...)
Menu Shortcut
Background Other
Thanks for listing those, malcooning...

I went back into my preferences and assigned each of those "not found" items its own garish color. That way, I'll be able to go back and identify them if I happen to find some weird colors on my screen one day. :D
malcooning

Post by malcooning »

Ah ha!
found one.

'Gadget Action Selected' - this is the color for buttons like Play, Pause and so on (under the project window), once you press them.

we're down to 10 mysterious elements no...