Export name

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Joost

Re: Export name

Post by Joost »

Joost wrote: 12 Jul 2023, 06:10 So I opened three files that my intern has worked on yesterday.
Two of them keep the render path I used the last time. (In my render/finals folder), the other one suggests to render it in the same folder as the project is.
Al three files have been rendered before. And I want to overwrite the rendered files.

Why does it choose a different path and name with this one file?

Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 08.06.07.png
Screenshot 2023-07-12 at 08.05.32.png

Is there anybody at the TVPaint team that can answer this question?

When is the export path/filename changed? I really can't figure it out. It feels random to me, sometimes TVP keeps suggesting the last path/name used (the way I presume most people would like it), and sometimes it all of a sudden is reset to the TVP default. Any suggestion how I can avoid this reset? Or is this a bug an should I report this as a bug?
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Joost

Post by Joost »

Hi there,

I'm still wondering about this question. There must be someone at the TVPaint team that can help me out?
What can I do to avoid getting the last exported path/name changed to the TVP default (after I already exported it to the right folder)?

something is triggering this change, but I can't find out what changes it all of a sudden sometimes (about 50 percent of the times I want to export it is reset to the default, the other 50 percent I can use my last exported path)

Thanks in advance!
Mac OS 13.4.1 , Mac Studio 2023, 32GB RAM, Wacom Cintiq 27 QHD (no touch), Wacom Driver 6.4.2-4.
TVP Pro 11.7.1
Peter Wassink

Post by Peter Wassink »

Unfortunately i don't have the answer Joost.
But i did notice some unreliability with this function myself.
I just want to chip in and say that this kind of very basic functionality is very important to be working correct.
More important than sexy new features.This affects everyday productivity and should work reliable and predictably.
Peter Wassink - 2D animator
• PC: Win11/64 Pro - AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-Core - 64Gb RAM
• laptop: Win10/64 Pro - i7-4600@2.1 GHz - 16Gb RAM
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello all, this is something we are still working on, we are well aware of the problem and its seemingly random nature. We have a couple leads, though :)
Probably a vampire