Huion problems

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
cwellems

Huion problems

Post by cwellems »

Hello, I'm having problems with my Mac + Huion tablet. I last used my set up a couple months ago with no issue and to my knowledge nothing about my set up should have changed. TVPaint, OS, and tablet driver were all the same, updated them all today and the problems still manifest in the same way. Huion functions properly outside of TVPaint.

Issues:
-While the tablet pen is hovering or touching screen, TVP's tool preview does not activate
-The beginning of strokes are delayed, and catch up to the cursor location by drawing a straight line
-Sometimes strokes don't appear at all, even multiple strokes in a row, until the pen is lifted away from the tablet entirely so its no longer hovering
-While pen is hovering, keyboard is disabled (Modifier keys still for zoom/pan/rotate stay still work while hovering)

Specs:
Mac 13.3.1
TVP 11.7
Huion Kamvas Pro 20(2019)

Attempted resolutions:
Displays mirrored instead of extended
Primary monitors exchanged
USB ports changed
Line smoothing off
Show Camera off
Computer, software, tablet drivers restarted
Dean
Site Admin

Re: Huion problems

Post by Dean »

Hello cwellems, does your Huion driver offer you to create a dedicated TVPaint profile?
Probably a vampire
cwellems

Post by cwellems »

It does but the app-specific preference profiles only allow for setting the pen pressure curve, shortcuts, and similar features.
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello, could you post a screenshot of this settings panel, please?
Is there something that can tune the pen hovering?
Probably a vampire