TV Paint 11.7 Drawing Problems

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Eyecager

TV Paint 11.7 Drawing Problems

Post by Eyecager »

Hey there! I got a new computer and this one has been having this issue with TV Paint. I originally had the dongle 11.5 version so I upgraded to the desktop version hoping it would fix the problem. It did not. So I uninstalled and reinstalled my Cintiq drivers and that didn't do it either.

I have a video of the problem I'm having here:
https://youtu.be/pNhVZvqv7is
Thanks so much!
D.T. Nethery

Re: TV Paint 11.7 Drawing Problems

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Eyecager wrote: 04 May 2023, 23:14 Hey there! I got a new computer and this one has been having this issue with TV Paint. I originally had the dongle 11.5 version so I upgraded to the desktop version hoping it would fix the problem. It did not. So I uninstalled and reinstalled my Cintiq drivers and that didn't do it either.

I have a video of the problem I'm having here:
https://youtu.be/pNhVZvqv7is
Thanks so much!

It looks like the same issue reported here: viewtopic.php?p=132400#p132400

I haven't had this problem, so I'm not sure which of the suggested fixes might work, but have a look through that discussion to see if any of the suggested fixes work for you.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Dean
Site Admin

Re: TV Paint 11.7 Drawing Problems

Post by Dean »

Hello, this seems to be linked to the Wacom driver having trouble with Windows 11.
The "main display" change mentionned in the thread linked by Mr Nethery can help a lot, you can also try opening Preferences in TVPaint and changing the drawing mode from Wintab to Ink or the other way around.
Probably a vampire