Export FX Stack bin is named incorrectly

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
D.T. Nethery

Export FX Stack bin is named incorrectly

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Bug in the FX Stack bin export:

When I want to export an FX Stack the name of the FX in the Export/Save panel is the previously exported FX Stack bin , not the name of the current FX Stack.
The name should by default be the name of the current FX Stack that is being exported, so the user does not need to re-type the correct name before exporting the FX bin.

This screenshot shows the FX that is currently loaded. This is the one I want to export. (Repo_Resize_PIG_for_Paparazzi_Scene_01_18_2023)
Select Current FX Stack to Export.png
Now click on Export -
Click to Export FX.png
Click to Export FX.png (74.38 KiB) Viewed 883 times
However, when the Export/Save window opens the name of the FX bin is the name of the previously saved FX, not the
name of the current FX that is being saved. So the user must manually re-type the correct name .(Repo_Resize_PIG_for_Paparazzi_Scene_01_18_2023
)
FX_is_not_named_correctly_in_Export_Panel.png
FX_is_not_named_correctly_in_Export_Panel.png (89.19 KiB) Viewed 883 times

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
Matthieu
Site Admin

Re: Export FX Stack bin is named incorrectly

Post by Matthieu »

Hello David,

I have reproduced this issue indeed and will add it to the bug list for the developers. Thanks for noticing this!
D.T. Nethery

Re: Export FX Stack bin is named incorrectly

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Matthieu wrote: 20 Jan 2023, 11:09 Hello David,

I have reproduced this issue indeed and will add it to the bug list for the developers. Thanks for noticing this!
Thank you for adding it to the bug list for the developers to fix.

It's very important that the FX bin being exported is automatically assigned the correct name, otherwise the task of exporting (saving) FX bins becomes extremely tedious.

(I realize this should go under the New Features and Improvement Requests topic, but the other thing that would be very helpful is the ability to choose EXPORT ALL the FX a particular category; for example if I have 100 KeyFramer FX saved in the FX bin and I need to Export those as a back-up or to share with another user, it takes a considerable amount of time to export each of the 100 FX . Export ALL FX in the FX Bin would be extremely useful. I'll add this in the New Features and Improvement Requests topic)

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1