Brush curves resetting

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
TheInsaneum

Brush curves resetting

Post by TheInsaneum »

Hi Im experiencing a bug ever since updating to 11.7.1.

Every time I go to the profile editor for any setting such as size, opacity, wet profile and so on of any brush.
The curve that shows up in the curve editor is not the one saved in the brush and as soon as I edit the curve the wet profile of the brush also resets to default.
Or if I had previously edited another brush it will reset back to whatever curve I had drawn for that brush.

Also the curve editor is now affected by undo and redo ... Im not sure if its intentional or not but I find it very unintuitive.
In any case using redo seems to consistantly crash TVP when the action its trying to redo is the curve being edited. This happens if the editor is open or not.

I was suprised to find no toppic on this issiue in the forum already since it makes brush creation and editing almost impossible. Am I the only one experiencing this problem?

4675508.jpg
4675508.jpg (16.79 KiB) Viewed 6360 times
You can see the opacity curve in the editor and the one in the preview of the brush dont match.

(Im on Win11 64bit running TVP Pro11.7.1.)
Dean
Site Admin

Re: Brush curves resetting

Post by Dean »

Hello, I just checked this functionality and I experienced the same bugs.
These will be added to the to-do list.

I am not experiencing the redo crash, though.
Could try using a fresh TVPaint configuration in parallel of your current one, using the method I posted on this thread, to see if this fixes the crash, please?

https://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php ... 11#p131811

Edit: Regarding brush profile curve being part of the undo stack, this was made due to user requests. I will discuss what could be changed with the devs.
Probably a vampire
TheInsaneum

Post by TheInsaneum »

Hey Dean! Thank you for such a quick response!!

I also tried to recreate the crash again and its not nearly as consistent as I thaught it was but I did manage to crash tvp twice by also switching between brush and erase tip between un/redos. (I have it set as a shortcut)
But its also not as consistent so Im not sure what the real issiue is. I just noticed before that it always happened when Im editing a brush.
I'll try the fresh configuration tomorrow and I'll get back if it changes anything!

For the undo applying to the brushes in general I guess I can see it as useful but I also found it very annoying when doing on the fly changes to the brush. I usually do quick strokes to test how it feels after some changes so when undoing the brushstokes Im suddenly back to the old brush settings. So if it was maybe a checkmark in the settings it'd be very much apreciated XD

btw. this is another a minor bug I found so I might aswell add it here instead of making a new thread about it but when using the Warp Grid FX only some of the red warping handles show up and when toggeling preview off and on you get a new random selection of handles. It dosent make it completly unusable but does make it much slower to use the FX if youre having to roll the dice untill you get the handle that you want to change.

Thanks again!
kelanhordos

Post by kelanhordos »

Does this bug include this profile on the airbrush? I thought I had messed up the settings somehow and was wondering why it wasn't saving! Been wracking my brain trying to get it fixed.
Attachments
tools-panel (1).png
tools-panel (1).png (19.4 KiB) Viewed 6244 times
PC: Windows 10/64 Pro - TUF Gaming H470-PRO, i9-10900F@ 2.8 GHz - 32Gb RAM
Tvpaint 11.7.3 Pro
Wacom Cintiq 16 Driver: 6.4.5-5
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

I'd like to confirm this bug as well. It's very annoying one because it renders all my brushes (created and collected over the years and very important to my work) unusable.
I'm also not a fan of "Undo" affecting the brush profile.
Michael Sewnarain - Website
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

I can also confirm this serious bug in version 11.7.1 .

I have to be honest, 11.7.1 is so buggy (this and many other annoying bugs) that I've stopped using it and gone back to 11.7 . I'm biding my time hoping for an update soon that addresses these many bugs.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

TheInsaneum wrote: 19 Jan 2023, 15:28 btw. this is another a minor bug I found so I might as well add it here instead of making a new thread about it but when using the Warp Grid FX only some of the red warping handles show up and when toggling preview off and on you get a new random selection of handles. It doesn't make it completely unusable but does make it much slower to use the FX if you're having to roll the dice until you get the handle that you want to change.
I also reported this bug with the Warp Grid FX handles not showing. For me it makes the Warp Grid FX completely unusable and a major bug because I had a project recently where I needed to use the Warp Grid FX constantly, but also wanted to take advantage of the new OffSet Pivot Point in the KeyFramer (in v. 11.7.1), however I had to keep switching back to using 11.7 to use the Warp Grid , then save and close the project, then reopen it in 11.7.1 to continue work in the KeyFramer where I needed the Offset Pivot Point . You don't realize how annoying this is until you need to do it dozens of times a day while working under a deadline. I have had to give up on 11.7.1 for any sort of production work and go back to 11.7 . Waiting and hoping that someday very soon a new version will be uploaded to fix this and many other bugs in 11.7.1.

Important: on the thread where I reported the Warp Grid FX bug , Jonathan responded that the bug was confirmed , but it was only happening on MacOS. However , the user TheInsaneum who reported the bug is running Windows 11 64bit.
Last edited by D.T. Nethery on 04 Apr 2023, 13:25, edited 2 times in total.

D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Dean wrote: 19 Jan 2023, 11:42 Regarding brush profile curve being part of the undo stack, this was made due to user requests. I will discuss what could be changed with the devs.
I would ask that Undo applying to the Brush profile be included as an option in the Preferences or a check box in the Brush Profile Editor where the users who want undo to apply to the Brush Profile must opt-in to activate it . For everyone else the default behavior is as it before , so undo does not apply to the Brush settings.

Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello David, we are considering giving this choice to users
Probably a vampire
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

D.T. Nethery wrote: 03 Apr 2023, 13:26 ...

I have to be honest, 11.7.1 is so buggy (this and many other annoying bugs) that I've stopped using it and gone back to 11.7 . I'm biding my time hoping for an update soon that addresses these many bugs.
Yes, I noticed some weird issues as well. Pretty serious ones where a (rather large, 300+ MB) TVPaint file, ceated in v11.7.0, wouldn't respond. TVPaint got stuck in the project view (with the clips visible). When keeping an eye on Window's Task Manager, the processor went to 100% and stayed there until I closed the file. I've been trying to reproduce this issue so I can mention it on this forum, but it's been illusive. No success trying to recreate it (yet) ...
Windows 11/64b Pro - TVP11.7.0 & 11.7.1 - Pro/64b - Cintiq32 Pro - Intel i7-12700K - 64Gb RAM
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

TheInsaneum wrote: 19 Jan 2023, 15:28 btw. this is another a minor bug I found so I might as well add it here instead of making a new thread about it but when using the Warp Grid FX only some of the red warping handles show up and when toggling preview off and on you get a new random selection of handles. It doesn't make it completely unusable but does make it much slower to use the FX if you're having to roll the dice until you get the handle that you want to change.

Important: on the other thread where I reported the Warp Grid FX bug , Jonathan responded that the bug was confirmed , but it was only happening on MacOS. However ,TheInsaneum who reported the bug above is running Windows 11 64bit. So it would seem it is not a MacOS-only bug ?

Soom

Post by Soom »

I confirm this bug too - needs priority attention in my opinion! It's impossible to quickly edit brushes anymore. I do not experience crashes on Windows however.
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hi, this bug is still one of our priorities and was discussed today by the team :)
Probably a vampire
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

it seems this issue is still there in the 11.7.2 update...

Or is it me?
After installing 11.7.2, previous versions are still on my system:

Screenshot 2023-12-08 133412.png
Screenshot 2023-12-08 133412.png (18.92 KiB) Viewed 3123 times

Do I need to uninstall those? If I try that through my system uninstall it just says that it will uninstall TVP 11.7. No version numbers...
Sewie

Post by Sewie »

When I check my Programs Files folder I find the old versions.
Do I need to uninstall any of those?

Screenshot 2023-12-08 135800.png
Screenshot 2023-12-08 135800.png (90.49 KiB) Viewed 3116 times