Warp Tool - retain locked points until applied

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
D.T. Nethery

Warp Tool - retain locked points until applied

Post by D.T. Nethery »

This is a request for the Warp Tool. With the other tranformation tools -- Transform and Perspective -- if the user makes an adjustment with one of those tools , then clicks out of the tool before applying it , such as going to the brush tool to fill in a line gap that has been noticed , then the user returns to the Transform or Perspective tool the tool's adjustments remain in place and can then be applied. My request is that the Warp Tool would have the same behavior.

The way it is in now, before the Warp has been applied , if the user temporarily deselects the Warp Tool to use a different tool and then comes back to the Warp Tool the adjustments that were made previously have been reset, so the user must then redo all their previous adjustments. It would be useful if the Warp Tool would retain the adjustments (and locked points) if the user has not yet clicked Apply.

TVPaint_Warp_Tool_Points.png

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
D.T. Nethery

Re: Warp Tool - retain locked points until applied

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Here's another unfortunate discovery I've made about the points of the Warp Tool:

When I'm working on a scene using the Warp Tool and TVPaint is set to Auto-Save , if I'm in the middle of working on warping a drawing if Auto-Save runs , when it finishes saving the scene all the points that I had previously adjusted and locked before Auto-Save are gone and I have to start over. I noticed this problem just now when I had almost finished adjusting a drawing, tediously pulling and pushing the points and locking them as I got them to the desired position , but had not yet clicked on Apply ... then Auto-Save happened ...and all my work was wiped out after Auto-Save ran ! Aarghhh ! That's very frustrating.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1