TV Paint 11.7 / Cintiq eraser issue Topic is solved

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Sparkle

TV Paint 11.7 / Cintiq eraser issue

Post by Sparkle »

Hi,
I recently update to TvPaint 11.7 and I am having a issue that with the eraser. I am using a Cintiq on a windows 10 system.

I can change the eraser size. However, every time I switch back to the eraser, it goes back to original size. This size was the last size that I was using in TVP 11.5 before the update. This issue is only happening with the Wacom pen eraser not the mouse.

I have reinstalled the Wacom drivers - the issue is the same.

Is there an old settings file from TVP 11.5 that should have been deleted? Anyone else have this issue?
Thanks
Xavier

Re: TV Paint 11.7 / Cintiq eraser issue

Post by Xavier »

Sparkle wrote: 10 Nov 2022, 16:26 I can change the eraser size. However, every time I switch back to the eraser, it goes back to original size. This size was the last size that I was using in TVP 11.5 before the update.
Indeed it looks like TVPaint restores an old eraser setting.
You may try to delete the tvp* folders in %APPDATA%. Please backup these folders in a safe place before :)
Sparkle

Post by Sparkle »

That worked temporarily. It fixed the eraser problem which is good. I had to import my custom panels, got that all set up. Now when I change any preferences they are not saved. Example: Changing the cursor to a point instead of the cross. Or changing the timeline to vertical vs horizontal. Each time I start TvPaint the new preferences are lost.
Should I do a clean install?
Sparkle

Post by Sparkle »

I did a clean install - That fixed the issue.
Thanks!