TVPaint Animation 11.5.3 is available!

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Thierry
Site Admin

TVPaint Animation 11.5.3 is available!

Post by Thierry »

Hello everyone!

TVPaint 11.5.3 is now available.
This update is mainly focused on small Quality of Life changes, aimed to provide a better user experience.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What’s new in TVPaint 11.5.3?

General:
  • Reorganisation of Timeline options when right-clicking:
    Spoiler : Timeline options :
    v11.5.2:
    timeline_1152.png
    timeline_1152.png (7.87 KiB) Viewed 18049 times
    v11.5.3:
    timeline_1153_1.png
    timeline_1153_1.png (8.34 KiB) Viewed 18049 times
    timeline_1153_2.png
    timeline_1153_2.png (9.1 KiB) Viewed 18049 times
  • A Preferences setting has been added to activate or not the “Apply CTG changes” option when loading a project with CTG layers
  • “Recent imports” and “Recent exports” are now separated in the File main menu.
  • The Sound tab in the Timeline now opens when you load a soundtrack.
  • A tooltip has been added for the A/B Color switch button.
  • A link has been added in the Help menu to redirect to the license rehost documentation page.
  • There is now a small frame surrounding the A Color to indicate that this is the currently used color.
  • Reorganized the option panel that appears when right clicking on the Picker section of the Color panel.
  • The “Username” field appearing when registering the software is now by default filled with the computer’s name.
New Project creation:
  • “Pixel Aspect Ratio” and “Field” options have been removed from the Create new project window. Those options are still available when modifying and exporting your project.
  • Illustration presets have been updated with DPI informations:
    Spoiler : :
    v11.5.2:
    project_1152.png
    project_1152.png (19.48 KiB) Viewed 18049 times
    v11.5.3:
    dpi_1153.png
    dpi_1153.png (19.15 KiB) Viewed 18049 times
  • You can now delete templates in the New Project window.
Saving:
  • Backup files can now saved in a folder named “tvp_backups”. Go in the Preferences > Save menu to activate this option.
  • If a project has not been saved yet, the Autosave pop-up (if activated in the preferences) will not be displayed.
Import/Export:
  • When exporting, a list of the recent exported paths will be displayed.
  • The current project’s name can now be added when exporting its layer structure when setting the pattern, with the pfn parameter.
  • It is now possible to change the image dimensions while exporting in Clip:Layer Structure.
  • It is now possible to export Clip Structure in PSD without the empty layers.
Shortcuts:
  • Shortcuts have been added for toggling Preserve Transparency.
George:
  • Importing and exporting the shortcut list in George is now possible with the following commands:

Code: Select all

tv_SaveKeymap ‘my/path’
    tv_LoadKeymap ‘my/path’
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What’s has been fixed and/or improved in TVPaint 11.5.3?

General:
  • Clip selection has been greatly improved and is now similar to most applications and operating systems:
  • Shift+click can be used to select contiguous clips.
  • Ctrl+click can be used to select/deselect separate clips.
  • When resizing the project (whether it’s done with Modify project or tv_ResizePage), hidden layers are no longer cut.
  • If a dependency is missing from a project with an Image Guide, the “Missing dependency” panel will no longer be displayed twice.
  • Setting a starting frame that is less than 0 is no longer possible.
  • Using “Previous instance” should no longer cause the timeline to go in negative images.
  • The Help > Ressources link has been updated.
  • Creating a Lens Flare should no longer cause a crash on the Standard Edition.
Saving:
  • [Windows] The window appearing when choosing a folder for the Multi-Backup option has more options (like creating folders…)
  • [macOS] Backup files are now created on an external hard drive.
Shortcuts:
  • Inconsistency between shortcuts categories have been fixed (like “Lighttable” and “Light table”).
George:
  • Parameters for “fill”, “range”, and “contiguous” have been added to the tv_SetActiveShape command.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
Xavier

Re: TVPaint Animation 11.5.3 is available!

Post by Xavier »

Hello ! a hotfix was pushed this atfternoon for Windows and MacOS, related to the save and export location management. (Linux versions to come on monday)

Here are the changes :
  • when you open an existing project and use "Save Project As..." to save it under another name, the file dialog will bring you to the same folder as the original project file
  • when you import a video and save it as a project, the file dialog will bring you to the same folder as the video file
  • when you export a project for the first time, the file dialog will bring you to the same folder as the project
janiko

Post by janiko »

I wonder if tvpaint android works on samsung s8 ultra. I have installed it on my s7+, it stoped working when i upgraded Android,
so i set it back. I don't know if that's solved or not. Keyboard works just limited, it's not possible to copy frames, and if you remove it, the software crashed.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

janiko wrote: 29 Mar 2022, 16:04 I wonder if tvpaint android works on samsung s8 ultra. I have installed it on my s7+, it stoped working when i upgraded Android,
so i set it back. I don't know if that's solved or not. Keyboard works just limited, it's not possible to copy frames, and if you remove it, the software crashed.
Hi, when was that ? the android version has been updated in the meantime. If you downloaded it before november last year, please download it again.