Export to Harmony

Share your custom panels, brushes, papers... (you need to be registered to read posts in this section)
Cardin

Re: Export to Harmony

Post by Cardin »

Sorry, Soom. I did miss that post.

It is possible to have each image flattened with the background color. I can use the tv_ClipsaveStructure command instead of what I'm currently doing but this will require me to do some additional work to make the script work correctly. Probably be a few days or more till I have time to get back to it but it's doable.
TVPaint 11 Pro(11.7.2-64bits) Nov 14, 2023 Release
System: i9-13900K, 128GB RAM, Intel Arc A770(16GB), Win 11 (Ver. 10.0.22621 Build 22621)
Wacom Cintiq 4K (Driver 6.4.5-5 Jan 25, 2024)
Soom

Post by Soom »

Cardin Collins wrote: 11 Jul 2021, 20:46 Sorry, Soom. I did miss that post.

It is possible to have each image flattened with the background color. I can use the tv_ClipsaveStructure command instead of what I'm currently doing but this will require me to do some additional work to make the script work correctly. Probably be a few days or more till I have time to get back to it but it's doable.
That would be absolutely fabulous, because then we can have many more options and actual use of the import options! thanks!
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
Cardin

Post by Cardin »

Soom wrote: 11 Jul 2021, 21:36
Cardin Collins wrote: 11 Jul 2021, 20:46 Sorry, Soom. I did miss that post.

That would be absolutely fabulous, because then we can have many more options and actual use of the import options! thanks!
Soom,
The attached script should work how you requested. The background color will be whatever is currently selected in TVPaint. Please test it and let me know if there are any issues. Thanks!
Attachments
TVP Export to Harmony NO TRANSPARENCY.tvpx
(96 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
TVPaint 11 Pro(11.7.2-64bits) Nov 14, 2023 Release
System: i9-13900K, 128GB RAM, Intel Arc A770(16GB), Win 11 (Ver. 10.0.22621 Build 22621)
Wacom Cintiq 4K (Driver 6.4.5-5 Jan 25, 2024)
Soom

Post by Soom »

Cardin wrote: 20 Jul 2021, 18:45 Soom,
The attached script should work how you requested. The background color will be whatever is currently selected in TVPaint. Please test it and let me know if there are any issues. Thanks!
Thanks so much! I will test it and let you know, however it will have to wait a bit as I am working on another machine for now.
at home: Hackintosh Intel Core i9-9900K, GPU AMD RX 6600 8GB, Cintiq 22" + Dell P2415Q 4K displays, MAC OS High Sierra / Windows 10, TVP Pro 11.7.1 + TVP Pro beta
at work: Windows 10, TVP 11.7.1 Std
https://vimeo.com/danas
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

I read some Q & A posts on another forum regarding importing bitmap drawings from the Rough Animator app to Harmony. These same tips would apply to importing drawings from TVPaint to Harmony. I post them here for anyone interested in transferring drawings from TVPaint to Harmony.

QUESTION:

1.) Is it possible to color in Harmony when you do the line art in another application?
I use Rough Animator for line art because I’m more comfortable to draw with that app. And I want to color the drawings in Harmony.

ANSWER:
Yes, using the Rough Animator to Harmony script (available on the Rough Animator website) to import and vectorize your drawings from Rough Animator into Harmony.

QUESTION:

2.) I was able to import my Rough Animator animation in Harmony. But is there a way I could color the drawings without strokes while using the bucket tool or paint tool?
(NOTE: in Harmony it creates a series of closed vector strokes on the Colour Layer which is "under" the Line Art Layer. These strokes are what contain the color fills)

ANSWER:

You can color on the Color Art sub-layer . The ‘Create Colour Art from Line Art’ button in Harmony does not actually care whether the source layer for line art is vector or bitmap, so long as the destination layer for the colours is a vector layer. So yes, you can import line art and then use that ‘Create Colour Art from Line Art’ button to create the colour layer.
Using the Black selection arrow, select your drawings (with 'Apply to All Drawings' selected) and then select 'Create Color Art from Line Art'.

Also try Shift Click on the button ‘Create Colour Art from Line Art’ and select the 'Use rendered version of the drawing' tick-box. It will see the line art within the imported image to use as the source for colour fills (it basically renders the image as a bitmap, and then vectorizes it again, and then applies the colour art function).

Transparent image line art can also generate colour art invisible lines
press Shift+8 or the asterisk key of the numeric keypad.

Refer to this:

Toon Boom Harmony Art Layers - Create Colour Art from Line Art

https://teach.lucassaturn.co.uk/harmony ... _selection

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1