Cannot save!

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Xavier

Re: Cannot save!

Post by Xavier »

Micah Buzan wrote: 12 Apr 2022, 01:15 I LOVE TVPaint to animate in, but you guys seriously need to improve your tech issues.
Thanks for your support.

Maybe you could try with the latest version of the dongle driver ?
https://supportportal.thalesgroup.com/c ... =KB0022563

Regarding the tech issues : I do my best to fix them. TVPaint is a complex software : sometimes, something wrong leaks.
Thierry
Site Admin

Post by Thierry »

I'll add that this problem appeared overnight, and up until today, we haven't been able to reproduce it: we've seen it happen during Teamviewer sessions, but we never managed make it happen on our computers.

But Xavier managed it today, so we can finally start working on it!
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

Thierry wrote: 12 Apr 2022, 17:34 I'll add that this problem appeared overnight, and up until today, we haven't been able to reproduce it.

So it would seem that the issue of cannot save with version 11.5.3 which has come up recently (in 2022) for some Mac users is not exactly the same issue (?) as initially reported at the beginning of this topic by David Fine on Oct 29, 2020 , right ?

I think perhaps the posts starting with elliscky's post on Sun Apr 03, 2022 11:41 am should be moved and merged with the other thread TVP 11.5.3 loses the option to save the file after ~20 min because they are unrelated to the issue David Fine reported in 2020 which has been resolved.

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1
kunal

Post by kunal »

Hello! Friends
So did anyone find a solution to Not able to save , I am using a TVP 11 the latest version , but I reinstalled my Mac OS Catalina yesterday and also reinstalled the TVP again and registered it too , but I can't after sometime the option for saving is disabled though I have set the preference of auto saving and also enabled permissions in the Security & Privacy for the Dongle and other features of TVPaint to Run in Mac OS , is there something I need to do?
Appreciate your help a lot
Thanks a ton
Cheers
Kunal
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Hello Kunal, I just answered your email. Updating your Sentinel driver should fix the issue.
Probably a vampire
kunal

Post by kunal »

Hello! Dean
Thanks for your response I did uninstall and reinstalled the new Sentinal Driver but the problem is still there the save option gets disabled after sometime.
I will try an reinstall Catalina or switch to Mojave and see if that helps
Pls let me know if their is a fix yet
Thanks again
Cheers
Kunal
Dean
Site Admin

Post by Dean »

Okay, please contact me directly via email so I can post our new findings to this thread afterwards.
Probably a vampire
thomasteraoka

Post by thomasteraoka »

i'm having the exact same issue, Catalina, updating sentinel driver does nothing.
Matthieu
Site Admin

Post by Matthieu »

Hello,

I have sent you a PM :-)

If updating the sentinel driver doesn't work, please contact our technical support team here.
jon2

Post by jon2 »

Here is what WORKED for me:
I was encountering the same issue on my Mac. (Catalina)
On my other Mac (Big Sur) everything works fine.

My SAVE window would freeze. If this is also your problem,
you can rescue your project by doing this ->

Open your ACTIVITY MONITOR
TV PAINT will (probably) be first in the ENERGY tab.
You will find two TVPaint tasks, the first one is the application itself, the second one is called apple-something :). That's the one that is trying to save your file.
Quit it.

Now via preferences -> interface -> go from SYSTEM to TVPAINT. The unusual looking TVPaint dialog box works (although I get weird issues with some letters??)
Matthieu
Site Admin

Post by Matthieu »

Hello jon2,

I think you already have a dongleless license, so the issue you encountered was probably different from the one reported in this topic. Still, thank you for sharing :-)
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

thomasteraoka wrote: 18 May 2022, 20:59 i'm having the exact same issue, Catalina, updating sentinel driver does nothing.
Hi, could you please quote the exact message you get ? I'm checking this, but like often I'm blind because it doesn't happen by our side...
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

jon2 wrote: 03 Jun 2022, 00:26 Here is what WORKED for me:

You will find two TVPaint tasks, the first one is the application itself, the second one is called apple-something :). That's the one that is trying to save your file.
Quit it.

Now via preferences -> interface -> go from SYSTEM to TVPAINT. The unusual looking TVPaint dialog box works (although I get weird issues with some letters??)
Thanks for the workaround. Glad you found it !
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

David_Fine wrote: 29 Oct 2020, 19:02 Help! I started working on a project for an hour and then went to save it, but the save dialogue box will not appear and it will not save or save as. I don't want to lose my work by force quitting, but what is going on and how can I fix this to save my project? I am on Mac Catalina and using TVPaint 11 Pro version 11.0.10.
TVPaint 11.0.10 especially hasn't been touched since its release, on march 2020.
To me, such issue coming out of the blue would rather be related to a MacOS security update.

If you can, when it happens again please run this command from a terminal and send us the output : sudo dmesg | tail -300
heriz

Post by heriz »

jon2 wrote: 03 Jun 2022, 00:26 Here is what WORKED for me:

Quit it.

Thank you so much jon2, this solution just saved my bacon. I was minutes away from Force Quitting and losing a day's work with a deadline tomorrow. I don't know if it's related, but I realised (at the point of the freeze) that Autosave had also stopped working, so I had no backups either :cry:

Definitely needs looking into!