Recommended Video Editing Software

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Recommended Video Editing Software

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

How do you like Vegas Pro so far? How do the two compare?
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Tylos

Post by Tylos »

I liked and Movie studio. Don't see many diferences. Sony vegas is beter for biger projects if you whant to combine multiplay vegas projects.
Paul Fierlinger

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

Yes, that and its combo with its own full recording software is wonderful. For the first time we actually produced our own Voice Over recording directly from The Vegas timeline. So will having this software encourage you into something larger to put together? I see the new availability of independent outlets such as print media 's entry into the indie video documentary field exciting because this has been missing in our professional lives for too long.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
airman

Post by airman »

Initially, for my animations, I used iMovie to merge scenes, mainly because it was simple and free for Mac users. It's pretty intuitive and can be a lifesaver for beginners.

Now, I've shifted to this auto video maker. I found its automated transition mode quite handy when blending different parts of my animations. Additionally, their AI background removal comes in super useful if there's a hiccup in my animation; it's smooth, and I don't have to go back and re-do entire sections.
Last edited by airman on 22 Aug 2023, 11:53, edited 1 time in total.
D.T. Nethery

Post by D.T. Nethery »

The main thing to watch out for in iMovie and other editing apps is that by default they set the frame rate to "30 fps" (or actually 29.97 fps) , so you have to make sure that in Preferences you set the frame rate to 24 fps for editing any animation sequences that were animated in TVPaint at 24 fps. I haven't used iMovie in years, but I would not doubt that Apple has now made it impossible to change the frame rate. (iMovie , just like Quicktime Pro, used to be a great app, but they ruined it over the years by stripping away more and more of the useful pro features, which is too bad).

Animator, TVPaint Beta-Tester, Animation Educator and Consultant.
MacOS 12.7.1 Monterey , Mac Mini (2018) , 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7,
16 GB RAM , TVPaint PRO 11.7.1 - 64bit , Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2nd Gen.
,Wacom Intuos Pro 5 , Wacom driver version 6.3.39-1