Auto fill closed linework Topic is solved

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
animalcolm

Auto fill closed linework

Post by animalcolm »

I'm pretty new to George scripting and would like to figure out how to automate the following in order to help speed up coloring my characters.

Select my linework layer, and click ( on the empty space around the character) to activate script:
The script would then duplicate the layer, solid bucket fill every exposure in it, then bucket fill erase ("above") using the x+y coordinates from the input click.

So the result would be my original linework layer, with a duplicated layer beneath it that is a solid fill silhouette. Would need to preserve the exposures and any cycle info.

Any help or advice regarding this would be greatly appreciated!
animalcolm

Re: Auto fill closed linework

Post by animalcolm »

OK .... I've managed to write a script that successfully duplictaes my line layer, then clears all instances in the duplicated layer and fills them with a solid fill.
But I've hit a wall trying to apply the paint bucket in "Erase" mode using "above" as the source.

As I understand I need to use the tv_setactiveshape command to set the tool parameters, and then use the tvfill command to apply?

I cant seem to get my head around the tv_setactiveshape command using the online help material I have found.
If anyone could provide an example of the correct format to do this, or some additional clarification I would be eternally grateful!!
Svengali

Re: Auto fill closed linework

Post by Svengali »

Here's a link to an old GEORGE script from 2012 meant for versions 9 & 10 (before the FILL STROKE using "Fill Inside" checkbox was added in version 11).

FigureFill

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB