tv_GetActiveTool introduces parameter Error in String Topic is solved

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
Svengali

tv_GetActiveTool introduces parameter Error in String

Post by Svengali »

When using the GEORGE command tv_GetActiveTool to store all of the current Brush tool parameters into a single string, it seems that it may change a value for the SHIFT parameter...

If the Brush Tool's original SHIFT parameter value is set to 0.000000 when saved to a string, the string returns a DIFFERENT SHIFT parameter value set to 0.010000.
This BUG in the tv_GetActiveTool will cause a before/after comparison of the parameter string to fail and, in some situations can result in unexpected and hard-to-find problems.

Can the tv_GetActiveTool GEORGE command be fixed?

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Thierry
Site Admin

Re: tv_GetActiveTool introduces parameter Error in String

Post by Thierry »

-> Added in our to-do list.
Si votre question a trouvé réponse, marquez votre sujet comme Résolu.
If your question has been answered, mark your topic as Solved.
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Svengali wrote: 10 Mar 2018, 17:13 When using the GEORGE command tv_GetActiveTool to store all of the current Brush tool parameters into a single string, it seems that it may change a value for the SHIFT parameter...

If the Brush Tool's original SHIFT parameter value is set to 0.000000 when saved to a string, the string returns a DIFFERENT SHIFT parameter value set to 0.010000.
This BUG in the tv_GetActiveTool will cause a before/after comparison of the parameter string to fail and, in some situations can result in unexpected and hard-to-find problems.

Can the tv_GetActiveTool GEORGE command be fixed?

Sven
Hi Sven, sorry for the delay : does this issue remain ?
If so, could you pinpoint on which tool it is ? so far I found no tool or shape with a SHIFT parameter.
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Xavier,
It has been a while since I last focused on this anomaly. Let me find my notes on this and I will post back to you. Thanks for your attention to the issue.

sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

After testing in my release for 11.0.10-64 bits, the returned string problem seems to have been resolved.

The SHIFT parameter is specifically for the Custom Brush Tool and is used to add a "smear" factor to the brush. When a Custom Brush Tool is loaded you'll notice the adjustable parameters list includes SIZE, SHIFT, JITTER, OPACITY, ANGLE and STEP. These are part of the parsed parameters returned in the RESULT STRING if you use the tv_GetActiveTool command.

The tv_BrushRestore command lets you change any individual setting for one of these parameters (and lets you retrieve what the setting was before the change).

Bottom line, I think this requested fix for the SHIFT anomaly was taken care of soon after the request was made in 2018.

thanks again, sven
Xavier

Post by Xavier »

Svengali wrote: 15 Jul 2022, 10:50 After testing in my release for 11.0.10-64 bits, the returned string problem seems to have been resolved.

The SHIFT parameter is specifically for the Custom Brush Tool and is used to add a "smear" factor to the brush. When a Custom Brush Tool is loaded you'll notice the adjustable parameters list includes SIZE, SHIFT, JITTER, OPACITY, ANGLE and STEP. These are part of the parsed parameters returned in the RESULT STRING if you use the tv_GetActiveTool command.

The tv_BrushRestore command lets you change any individual setting for one of these parameters (and lets you retrieve what the setting was before the change).

Bottom line, I think this requested fix for the SHIFT anomaly was taken care of soon after the request was made in 2018.

thanks again, sven
Ok, thanks for your quick feedback. I'll mark the task as resolved.