colour look up tables?

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
cresshead

colour look up tables?

Post by cresshead »

cut n pasted from newtek's aura forum:-

Hi all,

I've owned my toaster for a few years now, bought in anticipation of a need that hasn't actually arisen yet.

However, I'm about to start a project colourising black and white video footage and I plan to use Aura to do so. Aura has many tools which would be useful but there is one tool that I would really benefit from which ought (I think) to be possible but either hasn't been thought of, or hasn't been included.

I want a plugin/script which will allow me to select a black and white image, lasso a section (eg a face) and construct a look-up-table of tonal values. To lasso a similar section (ie another face) in a spare image and make look-up-tables of the colour values and their associated greyscale equivalents.

I then want to be able to compare the two greyscale LUC's and tell Aura to replace equivalent greyscale tones within the lasso with the colour tone which it equates to.

I have no programming knowlege myself, so this is beyond me - but to my inexperienced mind at least - it looks doable.

I wondered if any third-party plugins might already exist which would help, but I can't find any reference on this website to plugin manufacturer's for Aura.

Can anybody help - either by pointing me to some plugin manufacturer's, or by telling me how such a script could be coded?

Kind Regards
Dave

end of cut n paste

thread location
newtek forums