Finding Coordinates of the Image of a Point by OOP Rotation

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
zorman

Re: Finding Coordinates of the Image of a Point by OOP Rotation

Post by zorman »

Nathan thanks so much for this tool it's very helpful.
I did have a question though.
Sometimes the pop up dialog obscures part of the drawing i'm trying to reference to click on.
Is there a way to not have the pop up come up at all or pop it up in another place that's not on the drawing?

thanks - ron
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Yay I was also wondering how to solve this issue, without popup nobody would understand how to use the script (and it's handy to know where you wanna click also, with no popup I was thinking hard to know what I have to do). I'd like to be able to place the popup wherever I want but it's not possible in george I think.
Another way of doing this could be to hide every other lightable image (done that for the second clicks) that way you'd know which image you click on. we could also just create a on/off popup button for people that don't need it.
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
zorman

Post by zorman »

Hmmmm, yeah I see the problem now. Maybe the best solution for now is the on/off popup button for people that don't need it?
Have it defaulted to "on" so new people trying it can get the helpful tips on how to use it.
Thanks anyway Nathan for the great tool, really comes in handy.

- ron
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

It seems I'm doing something the wrong way, but I don't know what.
Attachments
OOP.mp4
(681.55 KiB) Downloaded 188 times
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Cintiq 22HD
Windows 11 22H2 / TVP 11.7.0 PRO WIBU / Mobile Studio Pro 16" (2019)
Android 13 / TVP 11.7.0 / Galaxy Tab 7 FE
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Zorman, I'm happy you find it useful! For now with the actual script you can pan the point of your drawing you wanna click on out of the popup area, that's what I was doing :)

Scharzgrau, I don't know which version of the script you own but try the last one I posted? Not the version with new icons of Meslin. I'm not using this version anymore so I'm not sure of what's causing that :wink:

Nathan
Working on Windows 10
Creator of Disnosc, providing storyboard, animation and design for 2D realistic pictural animation: https://www.disnosc.fr/ - nathanotano@disnosc.fr
Highly interested in animation workflows, I'm open to scripting new TVP functions for individuals and studios.
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

I probably overlooked it, but I couldn't find another script, neither in a following post nor in the first one. Could you upload the most recent version again?
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Re: Finding Coordinates of the Image of a Point by OOP Rotat

Post by NathanOtano »

I was talking about this message : http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php? ... =15#p97186
It's the most recent one I've shared (by opposition to this old wip : http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php? ... =15#p96998 or the one with new icons of meslin that could have been made after I updated the message above : http://forum.tvpaint.com/viewtopic.php? ... =15#p97203)

But it's probably the script you already have right? Can't say what's causing the problem. I'll keep you up to date when I have something working to share :)
Working on Windows 10
schwarzgrau

Post by schwarzgrau »

Previously I tried the version Meslin uploaded on my main work computer, which resulted in the above video. Now I tried the version you linked (which also used Meslins icons) on my Cintiq Companion and everything works perfectly. So I guess I should try your updated version on my main computer too.
However it works and is sooooooo useful. Thank you again Nathan!
INSTAGRAM
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Actually this is my Icons, Meslin just suggested them clean and non aliased :) but I like the hand drawn look <3

So happy it helps! :) Thanks
Working on Windows 10
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

NathanOtano wrote: 25 Feb 2017, 11:02 Yay I was also wondering how to solve this issue, without popup nobody would understand how to use the script (and it's handy to know where you wanna click also, with no popup I was thinking hard to know what I have to do). I'd like to be able to place the popup wherever I want but it's not possible in george I think.
Another way of doing this could be to hide every other lightable image (done that for the second clicks) that way you'd know which image you click on. we could also just create a on/off popup button for people that don't need it.
I haven't seen your script working so this might not be relevant...
but if the popup display is providing some kind of data values or feedback, you might be able to use the tv_Infobar command instead which displays in the bottom line of the TVPaint UI. Sometimes it displays info as expected but other times the display is immediately superseded by timeline info.

Another way to display a temporary popup message is to use the tv_LockDisplay "message" command like this:

Code: Select all

message = "this is a test, click to continue..."
tv_LockDisplay message
tv_WaitButton 3
tv_UnLockDisplay
It displays the text until the user clicks on the message (or anywhere on the screen), letting the script continue.

I really wish there was a GEORGE command that could display a multi-line info popup, positionable on screen at explicit coordinates. That would make it so much easier to give the user "graceful" prompts inside GEORGE scripts. It would also be nice if the multi-line popup could be EITHER timed OR be terminated by user action (or both).

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

I really wish there was a GEORGE command that could display a multi-line info popup, positionable on screen at explicit coordinates. That would make it so much easier to give the user "graceful" prompts inside GEORGE scripts. It would also be nice if the multi-line popup could be EITHER timed OR be terminated by user action (or both).
That is something we are working on, along with some other requests (like a possible UTF-8 management).
We will see what is possible in a reasonable amount of time.
Fabrice Debarge
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Fabrice wrote: 02 Mar 2017, 00:32That is something we are working on, along with some other requests (like a possible UTF-8 management).
We will see what is possible in a reasonable amount of time.
Wonderful news! :D :!:
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

The biggest problem is to keep the compatibility with existing scripts.
Fabrice Debarge
NathanOtano

Post by NathanOtano »

Svengali wrote: 01 Mar 2017, 22:57
NathanOtano wrote: 25 Feb 2017, 11:02 Yay I was also wondering how to solve this issue, without popup nobody would understand how to use the script (and it's handy to know where you wanna click also, with no popup I was thinking hard to know what I have to do). I'd like to be able to place the popup wherever I want but it's not possible in george I think.
I haven't seen your script working so this might not be relevant...
but if the popup display is providing some kind of data values or feedback, you might be able to use the tv_Infobar command instead which displays in the bottom line of the TVPaint UI. Sometimes it displays info as expected but other times the display is immediately superseded by timeline info.

Another way to display a temporary popup message is to use the tv_LockDisplay "message" command like this:

Code: Select all

message = "this is a test, click to continue..."
tv_LockDisplay message
tv_WaitButton 3
tv_UnLockDisplay
It displays the text until the user clicks on the message (or anywhere on the screen), letting the script continue.

Sven
I was using tv_lockdisplay yes :) the problem was the popup in the middle of the screen. Tv_infobar seems more suited to this! thanks
Working on Windows 10
meslin

Post by meslin »

Man, I broke the script AND made the buttons look worse?
D'oh! :oops: