Open requester on Mouse

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
Gravin

Open requester on Mouse

Post by Gravin »

Is it possible to open or move a requester to a specific x y coordinate using george? I want to have a requester that is not a list pop up under the mouse instead of the center of the screen much like the list requester does currently. Please forgive me if I'm missing something obvious. :?
Mads Juul

Re: Open requester on Mouse

Post by Mads Juul »

I don't think it is possible. But I'm not 100% sure.
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
Svengali

Re: Open requester on Mouse

Post by Svengali »

Not possible, but it might be possible with a pre-command (tv_SetPanel X Y) before showing or toggling a named panel in a button command. It would also be handy for rescuing panels which somehow get stranded, or jammed up under the menu bar.

Previously I proposed a tv_SetMouse X Y (companion to tv_GetMouse X Y). Why? Because the popup menus always appear at the cursor... so if you could set cursor position (tv_SetMouse X Y) you could be sure where the menu would appear, AND you could have menus that list values could be listed and modified and the menu would stay in one place, re-displaying with updated choices, until you finally click on the menu's exit option. Now, when you do that, each reiteration of the menu drops down to where you last clicked the cursor until it disappears off the bottom of the screen.

Sven
TVP Pro 11.0.10-64bit Win10 - 64GB ram -2TB HHD - 256GB SSD - Wacom Cintiq 16, driver 6.3.41-1
Android Tablet: rel. 11, Samsung Galaxy Note10.1 - 32GB with microSD 32GB
Android Tablet: rel. 11.5, Samsung Galaxy Tab S7plus - 128GB with microSD 64GB