Clone tool or Paper with color infos

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
Jackle

Clone tool or Paper with color infos

Post by Jackle »

I was wondering if there was a clone tool in TVP like in PS or Gimp ? I tried different solutions to mimic this feature (spare, paper, image source FX ...) with no luck. To make it short, is there a way to paint cycled patterns, pretty much like the paper option, but with color informations ?
ematecki
Site Admin

Re: Clone tool or Paper with color infos

Post by ematecki »

That's the 'pantograph' paint mode.
[F5] is the default shortcut.
[Shift-P] allows you to select the offset (draw a line from where you want to 'pixk' the colors to where you want to start painting).
In the "Shape settings" window [Windows>Settings>Shape Settings] you can select the source of the pixels. Most useful ones are 'Spare" and "Previous Image".
You can also set the offset from here instead of using [Shift-P].
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

ematecki wrote:That's the 'pantograph' paint mode.
[Shift-P] allows you to select the offset (draw a line from where you want to 'pixk' the colors to where you want to start painting).
In the "Shape settings" window [Windows>Settings>Shape Settings] you can select the source of the pixels. Most useful ones are 'Spare" and "Previous Image".
yeap, but not exactly when it goes to "source" an animated pattern or texture,
why not to add to the panto tool 2 new "source" options : Source = Paper, Spare, Display, Layer, Previous, Next, Back, Front),
so we could "paint" with the content of an animated layer (hidden) positionned underneath (or above) the target one.
8)
Jackle

Post by Jackle »

ematecki wrote:That's the 'pantograph' paint mode.
Thank you for your answer,
I tried this method, but I couldn't make what I wanted. I work with small patterns, and would like to "cycle" the PANTO target through it. I guess I could muddle through with some grg, but don't really know where to start.
slowtiger

Post by slowtiger »

Isn't that what an AnimBrush is made for?
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Jackle

Post by Jackle »

slowtiger wrote:Isn't that what an AnimBrush is made for?
No it is not, the AnimBrush stamps the pattern, I would like the pattern to be screen relative juste like the paper. In fact, what I'm trying to achieve is exactly like the paper but with color informations, and for those who know, like the Pattern Stamp Tool in Photoshop.
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

Jackle wrote:
slowtiger wrote:In fact, what I'm trying to achieve is exactly like the paper but with color informations.
Put your color "paper" in the spare, set the panto offset to 0,0, source to spare.
This is *exactly* a color paper.
If this is not what you want, can you post some images, which are worth a thousand words :)
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

Jackle wrote:... In fact, what I'm trying to achieve is exactly like the paper but with color informations, and for those who know, like the Pattern Stamp Tool in Photoshop.
ok, if your "colored paper" isn't animated, copy it in the spare page, then paint with any painting tool in "merge" mode.
Jackle

Post by Jackle »

ZigOtto wrote:ok, if your "colored paper" isn't animated, copy it in the spare page, then paint with any painting tool in "merge" mode.
Thanks for your answer. My "colored paper" could be animated, and isn't necessary the same size as the project size. I knew that technique, and tried to go around to fit my needs, but couldn't find a way ..

The regular paper doesn't seem to care about the size of the project, and is cycled. How is it coded, and is it possible to customize the spare to do the same thing ?

edit: I'll post an image that explains what I'm trying to do.