Help please? Process for a new document setup

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
bleupencil

Help please? Process for a new document setup

Post by bleupencil »

Hello,

I have this action setup in Photoshop which I really like, it enables me to create a new document all set up to sketch in with the click of a single button on my keyboard.

I was wondering if someone could please help me set up a George script to replicate the process for TVP. I don't really know how to write George and find the instructions in the PDF help document that comes with TVP to be somewhat confusing. My basic attempts are limited to turning textures on or off on a custom brush :\

Basically, I want to use a shortcut button/key to create a new template with content already in the file, like so:

- create new document from template
- load a specifically defined paper texture from an image library on the computer
- flatten said texture to the background
- create new layer
- set layer to multiply
- select favourite brush

Alternatively, instead of importing an image, how about changing the background colour (as it is down the bottom left of the timeline) from white to another colour (eg: grey)?

It's possible to do, right? I'm just not sure how I am supposed to word it to make it work.

Thanks in advance.
Animark

Re: Help please? Process for a new document setup

Post by Animark »

Did you tried to save your project with all those settings as a template (file / save project as template)? Than you can open a new project from that template. Maybe it helps you the half way (except the brush settings, I think).
TVPaint 10.5.7 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64 (Wacom Companion 2)
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

If you save a project as a template, you will save :
• the same number of layers and their names
• the same quantity of instances
• the color of the background (eg : grey instead of white).

But you won't keep nor the images inside neither the layer blending mode.

In fact, at the moment, if you want to save all the elements above, you should better create a .tvpp file that contains the template + the other information (loaded image(s) + blending mode(s)). This file would be your "basic" project you will always work on.

Concerning your brush and your paper, the best, I think, would be to load once your paper, save it in the paper panel, then create your brush (with the paper activated) and save it in a custom panel (tool bar).

Then, you'll just have to open your basic .tvpp file with your templates and other needs and use your custom tool, using your custom paper.

... Am I clear ? We have an awful working jackhammer, so it'as hard to keep ideas in mind and stay clear... :oops:
ZigOtto

Post by ZigOtto »

bleupencil wrote:... how about changing the background colour (as it is down the bottom left of the timeline) from white to another colour (eg: grey)?

to change the BG color : LMB-clic on the BG-colorA button (square left-side), then pick another color in the color palette panel or anywhere else in tvpa .
bleupencil

Post by bleupencil »

Elodie wrote:... Am I clear ? We have an awful working jackhammer, so it'as hard to keep ideas in mind and stay clear... :oops:
Thanks Elodie, yes you are being clear to me. I thought that might be the case, though I have a terrible habit of accidentally saving over the file I use for a template. That can probably be solved by making the file "read only" though.

Thanks Animark and ZigOtto. I did work out eventually how to change the BG color :)
Elodie

Post by Elodie »

bleupencil wrote:That can probably be solved by making the file "read only" though.
Yes :) You can also take the habit to directly save the file with another name, before proceeding with any change ^^
ematecki
Site Admin

Post by ematecki »

And set Preferences>General>Auto Backup to something greater than 0....
Quicktime is DEAD. Get over it and move on !