Using select tool with George

A forum dedicated to George scripting questions
Mads Juul

Using select tool with George

Post by Mads Juul »

I want to make a script where I select the flood select tool and then make a selection from pixel 0,0
it is something like

Code: Select all

tv_setactiveshape selectflood
tv_apply
but I cannot figure out how to make george always select from 0,0
is this possible ?
_mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist
blog: http://mjstoryboard.blogspot.dk/
Mail: mjstoryboard@gmail .com

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
2 Monitors 1920X1080 pixels + 1 Wacom Cintiq 21UX 2
ZigOtto

Re: Using select tool with George

Post by ZigOtto »

maybe it could work, have you tried this ?

Code: Select all

param none
tv_dot 0 0 0
tv_undo
tv_setactiveshape selectflooddot 
tv_reapply
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

No it doesn't work it make a selection from the last place you pressed or something, and not from 0,0
-Mads
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist

Windows 10, 64 bit i7-4790 CPU 4.00 Hz,32 GB RAM, With TVP Animation 11 Pro (11.0.2-64bits)
Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Mads,

It seems like the difficulty you are having (starting a fill operation at pixel 0,0 ) is a good argument for a new George Command... tv_SetMouse X Y which would let you indicate the exact pixel location where a fill operation in a subsequent script command was intended to start.

I have argued before that a tv_SetMouse X Y command might be helpful but was told such a command "makes no sense with a wacom tablet".

At the time when I inquired about the lack of a tv_SetMouse X Y command, I had a different purpose in mind.

When using the George script tv_ListRequest command to display a multi-option menu to the user, the menu always pops up wherever the cursor happened to be when the LMB was last clicked.

In a script, adding an optional tv_SetMouse X Y command one line before displaying the menu-list could be very helpful to dictate exactly WHERE IN THE INTERFACE the popup menu would appear.

Sven
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Svengali wrote:
In a script, adding an optional tv_SetMouse X Y command one line before displaying the menu-list could be very helpful to dictate exactly WHERE IN THE INTERFACE the popup menu would appear.

Sven
that could be cool I'm missing that in my list script too. in a way I would like to open my list in the same spot that I closed it.
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist

Svengali

Post by Svengali »

Mads,

If you have time, take a quick look at the little sample script in the attachment which shows a way to present the user with a list of items whose STATES can be toggled on/off. I requested the tv_SetMouse X Y command which I think would keep the popup menu list in the SAME LOCATION each time the popup menu was redrawn.

Without the proposed tv_SetMouse X Y command, the redisplayed popup menu migrates down and to the right each iteration, offset by where the cursor was located when the menu was previously clicked.

Wouldn't it be cool to be able to have a long menu of settings or preferences consistently displayed like this in a menu (at a pre-determined location) any or all items of which could be interactively toggled/updated by the user before he clicked the EXIT option? (Once the menu was EXITED the script could then store those updated values in the .ini file for other scripts to reference).

Sven
Attachments
tv_SetMouse X Y Demo.tvpx
temporarily drag tvpx onto TVPaint to see sample menu. Delete the tv_SetMouse X Y Demo panel when done.
(20 KiB) Downloaded 150 times
Mads Juul

Post by Mads Juul »

Svengali wrote:Mads,

If you have time, take a quick look at the little sample script in the attachment which shows a way to present the user with a list of items whose STATES can be toggled on/off. I requested the tv_SetMouse X Y command which I think would keep the popup menu list in the SAME LOCATION each time the popup menu was redrawn.

Without the proposed tv_SetMouse X Y command, the redisplayed popup menu migrates down and to the right each iteration, offset by where the cursor was located when the menu was previously clicked.

Wouldn't it be cool to be able to have a long menu of settings or preferences consistently displayed like this in a menu (at a pre-determined location) any or all items of which could be interactively toggled/updated by the user before he clicked the EXIT option? (Once the menu was EXITED the script could then store those updated values in the .ini file for other scripts to reference).

Sven
+1
To be able to make the menu appear in the same place or at another place, would be an improvement. and maybe not so difficult to implement I guess it could also be a parameter in the george command sometime like tv_ListRequest red|blue xposition 200 yposition 300

there is a bigger discussion in a total update of the UI interface of George something like Adobe has implemented in their script system. There had been a talk about switching to Python syntax and change george , well thats another discussion.
Mads Juul
Storyboard Artist