Retimer fx - and fx region

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
JohnArtbox

Retimer fx - and fx region

Post by JohnArtbox »

Retiming clips by dragging in the timeline and using the interpolate function produces a surprisingly good result. I'm currently using it to speed up a lot of footage I shot using my canon 7d and it looks great. It would be even better if I could use it in the fx stack with a speed or time position component , making it easier to use and more flexible. It would also be good to be able to control this using keyframes so you could speed up and slow down smoothly.
Also if you could apply any effect through a spline region(like the rotoscope effect) it would enhance the simplicity of the fx process.
Fabrice

Re: Retimer fx - and fx region

Post by Fabrice »

Also if you could apply any effect through a spline region(like the rotoscope effect) it would enhance the simplicity of the fx process.
If you select an area on the screen with a selection tool, the FX will be applied only in this area. :)
Fabrice Debarge
JohnArtbox

Re: Retimer fx - and fx region

Post by JohnArtbox »

Often I want to apply multiple effects to different regions in the one stack eg when I'm grading footage I'l colour correct the entire frame. Then select an area for further colour correction to darken and defocus it. Then sometimes a third area. It's easier to to this if you can balance all the effects rather than applying each separately. Plus making a correction that's several steps back becomes much easier.
I know this infringes on compositing and colour correction software, and in fact I use eyeon's Fusion for most of my colour correction, but I just enjoy using TVPaint.
Great software :o)