2 new films online now!

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
slowtiger

2 new films online now!

Post by slowtiger »

"Paraplü" and "Wall" are both in the Going Underground contest, which means they will be shown on screens in all of Berlin's subway cars during the entire next week. Both are done in TVP, for Wall I also used Anime Studio for 3 scenes which used bigger backgrounds and pans/zooms.

The website just went online, and one of my films can be watched already. The other one will follow the next days, I guess. Have a look at http://www.goingunderground.de/wettbewerb.html.

You can also vote for your favourite film, click "Abstimmen". Attention: right now there is a bug in their scripts, my browser crashed three times when I tried to open that voting page. Hopefully they will repair this soon.

I made Paraplü in 2008 over the course of several months, with long breaks inbetween, and the original version has sound and is 2,5 minutes long. This is a special 90 sec edit for the contest. The original HDTV version gets distributed by Interfilm (http://www.interfilm.de/v-aktuelles.php).

Wall was started on July 25th and finished on August 20th (officially), and I did another project at the same time (more about that on Sept 15th).
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Gochris1

Re: 2 new films online now!

Post by Gochris1 »

Paraplu - very funny. Nice timing. Great job!

Chris
Klaus Hoefs

Post by Klaus Hoefs »

Markus,
I think your little film fits perfectly for the Berlin Underground and its audience. Imo as a film of art it lacks experiment and risk. And I also think that this one could even be shorter. When the first half of the film has past I could predict what would happen next and sure enough some additions of variations followed.

Post by slowtiger »

Experiment, risk ... it is only supposed to be funny. The experiment was mostly in the making: can TVP handle an 8 GB file, can my computer handle HDTV?

I even like the longer version better. The original timing works perfectly with an audience of 100 people or more. I planned this film for the big screen in a real cinema, with sound of course. Now in the subway it's a different setting, without sound people don't concentrate on the film, so it must be short and avoid pauses. I couldn't shorten it even more because I made this version from a complete render, which includes some loooong crossfades of background images.
TVP 10.0.18 and 11.0 MacPro Quadcore 3GHz 16GB OS 10.6.8 Quicktime 7.6.6
TVP 11.0 and 11.7 MacPro 12core 3GHz 32GB OS 10.11 Quicktime 10.7.3
TVP 11.7 Mac Mini M2pro 32GB OS 13.5
Animark

Post by Animark »

Hi Slowtiger,

I like that Paraplü Film. Watching films without sound is a little bit boring but I think it will work best in a subway situation and I laughed about it. So, I wish you best luck for the voting. I tried to vote but it's still not working.
TVPaint 10.5.7 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64
TVPaint 11.0.8 - Win10/64 (Wacom Companion 2)