rolling controles

This section is dedicated to the feature & improvement requests (be sure what you are asking does not exist yet in TVPaint Animation ;) )
Rik Jurriaans

rolling controles

Post by Rik Jurriaans »

i think that there is no animation software that has a proper rolling system, i mean that you can onely go one drawing back(with your left or upper arrow) then you have to go back with the right arrow to see your animation a little bit move, but in classical hand drawn animation its kind of usual to roll about 5 drawings so you can see much of the movement of your character, you can see your animation while you are making it, you know?

doing it with the arrow keys is a pain, because you go crazy going back and fouth with you two fingers, i saw the rolling macro... and i think its booming buisness to use that in tvp,
i mean a build in rolling system a bit more sophisticated, but the idea is realy great. and the light box aint a subsitude, i also know that a good animator can word with every tool and hand drawn animation sucks enyway if you can't animate but every kind of animation sucks if you cant animate ;). but if the tool is great more artists will use it.

but i like to here some more opinions because i just started animating :oops: and im working and trying to learn and all this stuff, i dont like to be a pain in the ass so say it please if
i bother you... and im sorry for the realy long letter xD

Rik
Im sorry for the bad spelling.
Paul Fierlinger

Re: rolling controles

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

but i like to here some more opinions because i just started animating :oops: and im working and trying to learn and all this stuff, i dont like to be a pain in the ass so say it
Well you are. How about first asking and save the bitching for later if you can't get the answer you want. You don't say which version of TVP you are using. On the latest TVP Pro (and maybe earlier versions) you can spot a little hand (tiny) to the left of the video controls at the bottom of your Project window. There are two ways to roll with this; a right mouse and left mouse way. Try it out.
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Fabrice

Post by Fabrice »

i think that there is no animation software that has a proper rolling system, i mean that you can onely go one drawing back(with your left or upper arrow) then you have to go back with the right arrow to see your animation a little bit move, but in classical hand drawn animation its kind of usual to roll about 5 drawings so you can see much of the movement of your character, you can see your animation while you are making it, you know?
hello, did you test the "flip" option of the project window ? :)
Fabrice Debarge
Rik Jurriaans

Post by Rik Jurriaans »

thanks for your quick reply, i use 8 i will search for it but thanks anyway.
and i use the flip option its realy help full.

And tvp is a realy good program don't get me wrong =P

i buy version 9 asap, because there is so much new stuff in there =)
Im sorry for the bad spelling.
idragosani

Post by idragosani »

Another option is to get yourself a Contour Design ShuttlePro or ShuttleXPress, then you can 'roll' with one hand and draw with the other... in my case I use my left hand to scrub back and forth on the frames and my right hand is on the drawing tablet and I don't have to stop at all to use the keyboard. The ShuttleXPress is less than $50, and well worth the investment.
Brett W. McCoy -- http://www.brettwmccoy.com
TVP Pro 10 : Intel i7 2600 3.4 GHz : 8GB RAM : Ubuntu Studio 14.04 : Cintiq 21UX