Making Second project window visible

Please use this part to report bugs & errors, ask questions & "How to..."
Sierra Rose

Making Second project window visible

Post by Sierra Rose »

I am now of course exploring TVPro9. I have one problem I wonder if I can get help to solve.

Formerly I would keep an extra zoom window open to see the entire screen smaller while I worked at 100% on the drawing on the main project window. I could check to keep the timeline window always behind in the preferences and that worked well.

Now it is the project window that you check to keep always behind. This works great for the main project window but the second zoom window no longer can sit in front of part of my timeline because it has the command to go behind like the main one.

Is there a way to get the second one to stay in front?
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
Paul Fierlinger

Re: Making Second project window visible

Post by Paul Fierlinger »

I'm a bit confused -- in both TVP8.5 and TVP9 you check to keep Project window behind panel. I see no change and I can have both windows always on top because I don't have the box checked in Preferences..
Paul
http://www.slocumfilm.com
Desktop PC Win10-Pro -64 bit OS; 32.0 GB RAM
Processor: i7-2600 CPU@3.40GHz
AMD FirePro V7900; Intuos4 Wacom tablet
Sierra Rose

Re: Making Second project window visible

Post by Sierra Rose »

Maybe it's me who is confused. Wasn't it the timeline that you could have always behind in Mirage? I don't have it anymore so I can't check. But I do know that I could open another zoom window and it would stay on top of the timeline while my main project window could be behind on the other monitor. I took away my video monitor since I'm not using VT5 anymore so I don't have the 3rd monitor real estate to place it anywhere but on top of the timeline....but it is forced behind now.

Edit: Furthermore, if I uncheck the "always behind" box, my main project window pops in front every time I draw and then I have to go to the trouble of putting it behind to get to the tools. Maybe the Panel bin will solve this.. I just thought of that.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro