a finished scene [wip]

Show us your drawings and animation made with the TVPaint technology here !
Sierra Rose

Re: a finished scene [wip]

Post by Sierra Rose »

When you say her body color looks too flat and you don't want to impose structure: do you mean you don't want to do any shading?

I thought you carried off all those stripes well because we see her very clearly, they don't distract my eye.

Why change her proportions?

I don't understand the dissatisfaction with her. I do think he looks too still, as Paul noted.
WinXP 32bit 10.0.17Pro
User 767

Post by User 767 »

In both of the clips you've posted, I get the feeling that you are very systematic in your approach to animation. The man's head turn has a certain structure to it, as does the girl-backgrounds as well. It's got a precise, almost mechanical feeling to it.

So, if that's the way you are, maybe what you do is make the best of it, make that your style and tune the story to work with it. Though, somehow, I think it might get a little [visually] tedious in a long form project.

I find a lot of animation hard to watch that many other people really enjoy (and contrary wise as well). So, find the audience that you and your style work with, and have fun-right?
rawhead

Post by rawhead »

slowtiger wrote: My girlfriend just said she found her body colour too flat. But I don't want to impose some kind of structure onto it, that would be just some FX pass to boast "production value", means "time and money". I think I know what I want to change or keep:
2. Keep the decor, with all those stripes, but with more variation and maybe moving (in the blanket).
I think if you animate that "background" too, it gives depth and more life to scene. So maybe then colors doesn´t look flat. Also mattress looks funny way flat, which needs fixing.

But, nice and clear animation both clip. I like :)

Well, look again couple time that man´s walk. And maybe there´s couple thing what would fix. It´s looks like it slow down at end. Someone said, it would be better do at ones. Maybe it is that.
And another thing is "shadowline" at lower lip. First i look character say something. Line appear "suddenly" and moves little odd when man turn his head.
Markus